Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New T100 Anyone got one ?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
    I've just ordered a Street scrambler ... 4 week wait for delivery - was quite impressed on the test ride, only bought it for local pottering..( and because I like the look of it TBH)
    Looks nice . Shame they don't put the T120 motor in it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice 'n' Fat View Post
    It'll be fine ..... they're only bolting it together from kit form
    Engines are still made in Hinckley? I know they have tinware , plating and paint in Thailand..

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Looks nice . Shame they don't put the T120 motor in it though.

Suspect they may eventually.... But TBH and don't tell anybody I'm a slow old fart.. So it suits me...

Quote Originally Posted by leadfarmer View Post
    I'm off to try the T100 and the T120 back to back this afternoon to choose which suits me best

Buying for the same reasons as you
    They have caught my eye too.. enjoy the rides, let us know what you think

Engines are still made in Hinckley? I know they have tinware , plating and paint in Thailand..
    Yes from what I've been told by factory representatives
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    2017 BMW R Nine-T Scrambler X
    1996 BMW R80 GS Basic
    1962 BSA Gold Flash
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    2002 Triumph Bonneville (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2001 Yamaha T-Max Mk1
    1979 Yamaha XT500

I've just ordered a Street scrambler ... 4 week wait for delivery - was quite impressed on the test ride, only bought it for local pottering..( and because I like the look of it TBH)
    How do you find it for sizing ? You're tall like me , I wondered how it fits ? Lovely looking bikes . Good luck with your new bike
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1200ADV View Post
    How do you find it for sizing ? You're tall like me , I wondered how it fits ? Lovely looking bikes . Good luck with your new bike
    I can ride it quite comfortably, yes I'm a bit too big to be honest... But I'm comfortable on it which is more important then how I look.. At the end of the day there is fuck all I can do about being 6'8...

It took me back to the eighties when all the bikes I owned where this size!!!!

I can ride it quite comfortably, yes I'm a bit too big to be honest... But I'm comfortable on it which is more important then how I look.. At the end of the day there is fuck all I can do about being 6'8...

It took me back to the eighties when all the bikes I owned where this size!!!!
    True , my Honda F1 550 seems huge after a T500 in 1980
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    I found the 900 has a nice torque drive in the 3-5k rev range.. It was bang on for the A roads I was on.. It was lovely and smooth, rock solid handing ( for the speed/road conditions) and I found the brakes more then adequate.....

Let us know how you get on..

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlEly View Post
    They have caught my eye too.. enjoy the rides, let us know what you think
    OK so that really did not go as I expected !!!

Tried the two bikes back to back and I was surprised how different they actually were. Bear in mind I tested both two up as apart from going to work my Wifey is generally on the back
    I didnt try them solo

Tried the T100 first but I think the front tire wanted some air in it as the front felt very heavy, didn't want to turn in at all and had to fight against running wide round islands
    It felt small at first but my last 4 bikes have been 2 Varaderos, a Crosstourer and now a GS so I guess that's to be expected, wifey called it a scooter
    Lack of a grab rail is a problem if you ride 2 up but there is plenty of room for 2 and it was pretty comfy
    Motor is quite torquey and very smooth indeed bur I found it lacked punch and power for 2 up riding, it builds gently and goes OK but I think I would soon be wishing it had more
    The single front disk didn't do it for me either, you really have to pull on the lever which makes blipping for down changes a bit rough and you need to plan your braking well ahead, wouldn't want to have to do emergency stop on it
    Clutch is very nice and light once I adjusted the lever to my hand span
    Took it back underwhelmed and would not have bought one for my needs

Tried the T120 next and it was like night and day
    Steering was light and sharp for the type of bike and it just went where you wanted as if you'd owned it for years, all the reports I've seen say the T100 is more nimble so for me this confirms that there was a tire pressure problem on the one I'd just tried
    Strangely it felt slightly bigger even though I know it isn't, maybe I was getting used to the size or maybe wifey was sitting further back cos she now had a grab rail ?
    The bike immediately feels far more torquey and powerful, it pulls away from no revs and is far more eager than the 900
    It won't make your eyes bleed but you can now say the T120 has all the power you really need, when you give it a hand full it blasts through the rev range nicely and you actually have to hang on a bit, got up to 140kmh quicker than I expected with plenty left where the 900 kind of ran out of steam, I forgot 6th gear a couple of times its that high and just cruised along in 5th
    Having said that the ultra low down torque makes you happy to plod in town, the exhaust note is louder and deeper on the 1200 so it sounds like it should
    This feels like a 1200, the 900 doesn't feel like a 900, you will always have some left in reserve on the T120
    The brakes are a bit wooden feeling with not much initial bite but they are much better than the single disk, you can 2 finger brake nicely and blip for down changes, if you need to stop shorter just squeeze a bit more and you can, again you have some in reserve
    The gearbox on both bikes is slick and light and neutral is easy to find every time
    For the price difference the extra kit on the T120 closes the price gap somewhat, the heated grips are good and it's got a center stand, grab rail, led drl and twin disks, don't think the modes are really necessary though

In conclusion the T120 was the bike I was looking for so I was ready to sign up, and that's where it all went sideways

The saleswoman specced up the bike on the web site, 12,500 euros with 2 tone paint, 85 euros for 2 trim covers, added 150 euros on the road charge for petrol and number plate plus 250 euros for the carte grise (registration tax) so total 12,985 euros
    Then she tells me that Triumph do not discount their bikes, only the accessories, so the price is 12,600 euros, take it or leave it, no negotiation possible

I've never paid list price for a car or bike in my life so I politely told her bollocks and left

So here I am, ready and willing to buy a T120, all I need to do now is find a dealer who wants to sell one

Question for those who have bought recently, did you manage to get anything off the price ? or just accessories

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by leadfarmer View Post
    OK so that really did not go as I expected !!!

Tried the two bikes back to back and I was surprised how different they actually were. Bear in mind I tested both two up as apart from going to work my Wifey is generally on the back
    I didnt try them solo

Tried the T100 first but I think the front tire wanted some air in it as the front felt very heavy, didn't want to turn in at all and had to fight against running wide round islands
    It felt small at first but my last 4 bikes have been 2 Varaderos, a Crosstourer and now a GS so I guess that's to be expected, wifey called it a scooter
    Lack of a grab rail is a problem if you ride 2 up but there is plenty of room for 2 and it was pretty comfy
    Motor is quite torquey and very smooth indeed bur I found it lacked punch and power for 2 up riding, it builds gently and goes OK but I think I would soon be wishing it had more
    The single front disk didn't do it for me either, you really have to pull on the lever which makes blipping for down changes a bit rough and you need to plan your braking well ahead, wouldn't want to have to do emergency stop on it
    Clutch is very nice and light once I adjusted the lever to my hand span
    Took it back underwhelmed and would not have bought one for my needs

Tried the T120 next and it was like night and day
    Steering was light and sharp for the type of bike and it just went where you wanted as if you'd owned it for years, all the reports I've seen say the T100 is more nimble so for me this confirms that there was a tire pressure problem on the one I'd just tried
    Strangely it felt slightly bigger even though I know it isn't, maybe I was getting used to the size or maybe wifey was sitting further back cos she now had a grab rail ?
    The bike immediately feels far more torquey and powerful, it pulls away from no revs and is far more eager than the 900
    It won't make your eyes bleed but you can now say the T120 has all the power you really need, when you give it a hand full it blasts through the rev range nicely and you actually have to hang on a bit, got up to 140kmh quicker than I expected with plenty left where the 900 kind of ran out of steam, I forgot 6th gear a couple of times its that high and just cruised along in 5th
    Having said that the ultra low down torque makes you happy to plod in town, the exhaust note is louder and deeper on the 1200 so it sounds like it should
    This feels like a 1200, the 900 doesn't feel like a 900, you will always have some left in reserve on the T120
    The brakes are a bit wooden feeling with not much initial bite but they are much better than the single disk, you can 2 finger brake nicely and blip for down changes, if you need to stop shorter just squeeze a bit more and you can, again you have some in reserve
    The gearbox on both bikes is slick and light and neutral is easy to find every time
    For the price difference the extra kit on the T120 closes the price gap somewhat, the heated grips are good and it's got a center stand, grab rail, led drl and twin disks, don't think the modes are really necessary though

In conclusion the T120 was the bike I was looking for so I was ready to sign up, and that's where it all went sideways

The saleswoman specced up the bike on the web site, 12,500 euros with 2 tone paint, 85 euros for 2 trim covers, added 150 euros on the road charge for petrol and number plate plus 250 euros for the carte grise (registration tax) so total 12,985 euros
    Then she tells me that Triumph do not discount their bikes, only the accessories, so the price is 12,600 euros, take it or leave it, no negotiation possible

I've never paid list price for a car or bike in my life so I politely told her bollocks and left

So here I am, ready and willing to buy a T120, all I need to do now is find a dealer who wants to sell one

Question for those who have bought recently, did you manage to get anything off the price ? or just accessories

Cheers
    I really like the T120 Black

Would be very tempted but we don't have a Triumph dealer locally at the moment.

Nope, no discounts.... Take it or leave it... Looking at the order book at my local dealer I get the impression they are selling plenty enough not to worry about discounts.

Why not go for an ex demo?
    1996 BMW R80 GS Basic
    1962 BSA Gold Flash
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    2001 Yamaha T-Max Mk1
    1979 Yamaha XT500

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Nope, no discounts.... Take it or leave it... Looking at the order book at my local dealer I get the impression they are selling plenty enough not to worry about discounts.
    Thanks for the info twizzle, don't know if that makes me feel better or worse but at least it's not just me

Cos idiots like me have thrashed the tits off them from day one

More seriously I'm going to try a couple of other concessionaires but if they have a demo in the colour I want why not

The street scrambler demo only came on duty Monday last week, I went out Friday lunchtime and it had done 300 miles...

Although I guess the T120 has been around a little longer..

The T120 has been out about a year now

My local Triumph dealer had a 16 plate ex demo bike with 800 miles on the clock for sale in September at £9250
    1996 BMW R80 GS Basic
    1962 BSA Gold Flash
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    2001 Yamaha T-Max Mk1
    1979 Yamaha XT500

Which is not far away from lead beaters French euro offer on a new un...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast