Cam chain tensioner upgrade

If you decide to go ahead with the new tensioner, make sure the piston actually fits the sleeve before fitting to the bike.

I updated mine last year and the piston needed rubbing with fine wet and dry paper
before it would fit.

:thumb

:beerjug:

Hi .I´m new here, have a 1150gsa with som klacking noice, Where did you buy the upgrade tensioner?
// Simon

Hi .I´m new here, have a 1150gsa with som klacking noice, Where did you buy the upgrade tensioner?
// Simon
If I remember, it was from Motorworks in the UK, Google it, their address is
The Old School House,
Meltham Mills Road,
Meltham,
Holmfirth. HD9 4AT
England.

They post out Worldwide as far as I know.
Good Luck. :beerjug:

As said before, if there's no noise then don't bother.
Had mine done on the 1150 at 120k. By which time it was pretty rattley.

I didn't do mine which is probably why the plastic chain rail smashed into a thousand pieces, maybe the tensioner got sloppy and the chain banged around so much that it smashed the rail.
I did have 170,000km's on the clock that too could have caused it :)
my bike was making loads of noise so I took a look in the hole where the tensioner went and I could see the chain.

Is it just the left one that needs to Change?
If you suspekt the tensioner being tired, and make the chain rattle , why not go both sides? Just to be safe?

Is it just the left one that needs to Change?
If you suspekt the tensioner being tired, and make the chain rattle , why not go both sides? Just to be safe?

YES, ONLY the left one as you sit on the bike. You Tube it. :beerjug:

A very good reason to upgrade is to prevent the upper left chain guide from breaking.
The new style tensioner prevents the guide from rattling on a hot startup.

Did mine today and worth it for peace of mind. The upgrade retains oil. The original version could drain itself of oil and clatter on startup. The right hand side is fitted underneath and so flooded with oil. I did a comparison with the old removed against the new and there was very little in it but the new version is a nicer design.

Back
Top Bottom