what boots

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
what type of boot do you wear , adventure or just touring boots ?

Touring boots for me. I'm on my second pair of BMW Ones, roundabout £70 a set. Comfy waterproof and easy to put on and off. Second pair as I wore the sole tread on the first pair but zips, stitching etc. Sound.

My favourite all round boots are Gaerne Balance Boots (oiled brown). I also have some short Alpinestars but I prefer the taller boot generally, for more protection.

They are very comfortable all round boots. Have used them off road, toured and used for general riding about. Really good to walk around in once you arrive somewhere and also, look good under jeans if you don't take any evening shoes with you.

Sizes are small so get one size bigger unless you go somewhere to try them on.

I liked them so much, that after having them for 2 years, I bought another pair, for when these wear out, just in case they stop making them.

I've always worn lowa boots from my army days - for the summer their desert boots and for the winter, their combat/arctic ones. they last forever, and you can live in them day in day out. no point wasting my money on anything else.

was in a position 10 years ago were i needed some decent boots, after a bit of research I opted for Daytona Roadstar GTX ,they cost £300 then !!! but have been faultless ,perfectly waterproof even in monsoon rain !

I am Back in the same position now, and need a new set. Average cost of these boots is £350 now, and i won't be hesitating to purchase them one bit . Best boots I have ever had .

Touring boots

Alpinestars Roam II for me

Wifey has some very nice SIDIs, picked them up at a car boot sale for 14 euros brand new in the box, I guess somebody's Doris didn't like bikes :blast

Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex

Attachments

• 11752643_10153468234683398_8434106736940652451_n.jpg
    11752643_10153468234683398_8434106736940652451_n.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 559
Gearne Balance boots. Very comfy.

shite send by my phone when I'm not looking

As above..once you you've had your feet in a pair think you will struggle to find anything better

Altberg Highhogg boots... Made to measure, superb quality British boots that are waterproof and wearable off the bike too

Altberg Clubman Roadster Microlite.

db_file_img_2082_166xauto.jpg

Altberg Clubman, 9yrs old and just be resoled by Altberg and good for another 9-10yrs. Super comfy for riding or walking.

9d1a5db6915df95480814be9fd781de7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom