Touratech Compact Roadbookholder

(RIP) Sugar Ray

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone got a photo of the TT compact roadbookholder fitted to a GS, preferably alongside a GPS unit? (not asking for much, am I :D ) I quite like the idea of having the basics of my route in writing to use alongside my 2610, and as I don't use a tankbag, this seems like a good, if expensive, option.

Regards,

Charles

Sugar Ray said:
Has anyone got a photo of the TT compact roadbookholder fitted to a GS, preferably alongside a GPS unit? (not asking for much, am I :D ) I quite like the idea of having the basics of my route in writing to use alongside my 2610, and as I don't use a tankbag, this seems like a good, if expensive, option.

Regards,

Charles

SR. I can post you one tomorrow... need to take the photo first.
It isn't with any GPS unit fitted though (I don't have one:( ).
Is that any good. I made up my own bracket to mount it... the fitting supplied by TT was useless.
I copied my bracket from Uncle Albert.

Let me know if that will help and I'll try and post something on Monday...

Derek

Derek - that would be great - what I really want to establish is how much of the instrument panel will be blocked out - so a riders-eye view would be especially useful.
Noddy - glad to have been of service, but I'm not quite sure why?

Regards,

Charles

OK SR.. as promised here are the photos.
Sorry about the lack of GPS:)

First one... riders eye view. Fitted to crossbar using homemade bracket
ttholder1.jpg

general view from the front...
ttholder2.jpg

close up of the homemade bracket

ttholder3.jpg

I'm very please with the roadbook holder and as a non-GPS user have found it very useful.

Yes, I know the drive needs sweeping, weeding, pointing etc.;)

Thanks for the photos. Why were the TT brackets useless? I would have thought it could have fitted straight to the handlebars with a u-shaped bracket, or did that obscure the instruments too much?

Regards,

Charles

Sugar Ray said:
Thanks for the photos. Why were the TT brackets useless? I would have thought it could have fitted straight to the handlebars with a u-shaped bracket, or did that obscure the instruments too much?

Regards,

Charles

Charles. If I'd gone with the original TT fixing it would, for me, have been too low down and obscuring the RID, at the wrong angle and not very easy to read, not very securely attached and prone to swivelling on the cross bar, not very easy to operate the rollers.

You may find it is OK for you, but the only other person I knew who had one was Uncle Albert and I knew he had made up his own bracket for, I think, much the same reasons.
He kindly met me over at SLM waving off Plumb and Pavey on the Dakar so that I could take some photos and do a copy.

Mine is much the same as UA's.

btw. in case it isn't clear from the photos, the holder doesn't get in the way of the instruments at all the way I have it mounted.

HTH
Derek

Back
Top Bottom