Hugger / shock protector

Tallmarkb59

Reaction score
Any recommendations for rear huggers that fit to protect the rear shock? I live out in the sticks, and the daily clean down is becoming a chore that I'm tempted to ignore. Probably not a good idea.

Pyramid do one for the 1150 (I assume that's still your bike) but they are expensive. "Shocktube" is a neoprene tube for your shock funnily enough and I've protected Ohlins shocks with them to good effect....Alternatively you could knock something up yourself out of an old rubber Gimp outfit.....or so I'm told.

Good looking and effective, but not cheap - Ilmberger carbon fibre jobbie :)

My shock doesn't get covered in mud. I have a small rubber mudguard hanging down from the fuse box which protects it from most of the crud.

Is yours still present, or has it fallen off.

Item 9 in the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 232
Good looking and effective, but not cheap - Ilmberger carbon fibre jobbie :)

I had one of those on my Rockster about 7 years ago.

It cracked and fell off (on Hyde Park Corner of all places!) after only a couple of months, but not before making the bike look even filthier than it had before - all the road dirt was chucked out the side of the hugger onto the swingarm.

If you have the rubber flap hanging on front of the wheel it does a pretty good job to be honest.

Thanks, that's a nice looking piece of kit. I bought a used Pyramid Products hugger from another site user, so I will see how I get on with that before lashing out more dosh, but will keep your recommendation in mind.

Back
Top Bottom