Metal bike storage shed

Lee Frost

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this post, but I'm thinking about buying an Asgard metal bike shed and wondered if anyone on here had every owned/used one and if so, if they're any good? No space for a garage but i could put the biggest model (8ft 11in x 7ft 4in) on my drive. Would ideally need to squeeze a 1200 GSA in and a KTM 690. The Asgard bike shed looks well made and is very strong and secure (though not too worried about security), but not cheap at £1300. Open to suggestions for alternatives, but can't be much bigger than 9x8ft otherwise it'll get in the way!

I've got one and have had it for almost six years. It's very well made and although not cheap worth the extra money compared to cheaper more flimsy metal sheds available. Mine has two extension modules which made it the size I needed. Overall, very pleased with it.

Thanks SteveC10. Did you buy the extension modules from Asgard? How much bigger is it with them - and do you get more than one bike in?

Oh, and which Asgard shed did you buy Steve - one of the motorbike specific ones or one of the metal garden sheds?

I've had one of THESE Foldastores for about 8 years. Galvanised. Similar price from memory.

Don't under-estimate the need to manage the condensation issue of an all metal shed!

It's a garden shed which I use for a lawn tractor, mowers etc. Yes, I bought the extension from Asgard. I will try and upload a photo.

Go online and look at 10 foot shipping containers, there is a company doing refurbished ones for the same price as the metal bike sheds

Hopefully the photos are attached

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 588
Not sure where to put this post, but I'm thinking about buying an Asgard metal bike shed and wondered if anyone on here had every owned/used one and if so, if they're any good? No space for a garage but i could put the biggest model (8ft 11in x 7ft 4in) on my drive. Would ideally need to squeeze a 1200 GSA in and a KTM 690. The Asgard bike shed looks well made and is very strong and secure (though not too worried about security), but not cheap at £1300. Open to suggestions for alternatives, but can't be much bigger than 9x8ft otherwise it'll get in the way!

Hi Lee, I already have one the same size and have just ordered a second one (his and hers ...). If you order before tomorrow they have a 10% off discount code VAL10, or if you don't they also have a standing "secret" code of DI5COUNT that gets you 5%. They are well made and easy the erect, took me and the girlfriend around a day, you will need an electric screw driver - :thumb

Last edited:
Thanks chaps. PDiddy - do you reckon I'd get 2 bikes squeezed into the 8ft 11in x 7ft 4in shed when one is a 1200 GSA? Not fussed about having much space inside to move around etc.

Thanks chaps. PDiddy - do you reckon I'd get 2 bikes squeezed into the 8ft 11in x 7ft 4in shed when one is a 1200 GSA? Not fussed about having much space inside to move around etc.

I've purchased the second for my Africa Twin and Varadero, so I bloody hope so!! I don't see why you couldn't get a GSA and 690 into one.

Fab, my mind if made up! Thanks for the advice fellas :beerjug:

Hi ......... If you order before tomorrow they have a 10% off discount code VAL10, or if you don't they also have a standing "secret" code of DI5COUNT that gets you 5%. They are well made and easy the erect, took me and the girlfriend around a day, you will need an electric screw driver - :thumb

I couldn't get the 'VAL10' code to work :nenau The 'DI5COUNT' one works for 5% though. I've been looking at these for a while as well in an effort to decant a load of crap out of 'my' garage so that I can actually do some man stuff in there, and stop it being used as a family overspill storage/junk store. :augie

I couldn't get the 'VAL10' code to work :nenau The 'DI5COUNT' one works for 5% though. I've been looking at these for a while as well in an effort to decant a load of crap out of 'my' garage so that I can actually do some man stuff in there, and stop it being used as a family overspill storage/junk store. :augie

It look like it's now expired, maybe worth giving them a call in the morning to see if they will still honour the discount??

Fab, my mind if made up! Thanks for the advice fellas :beerjug:

Hi Lee,

Did you get yours OK? Had mine delivered last week and have just finished laying the base ready to erect the shed itself in the next day or so ......

Looks a quality bit of kit, and the prices have gone back up :augie

Asgard Secure Motorcycle Shed.

I put this up today. It is a comprehensive bit of kit, well made and engineered. It is very solid and although I had used a self levelling compound it found the most minute of variance in levels. I had to use a couple of the packing pieces to get it absolutely level, but now the doors are perfectly square and open and close perfectly.

The only issue was my 6mm masonary bit was a bit short in depth to drill the floor mounting holes deep enough for the security bolts. This meant they didn't go all the way home. I shall pick up a longer masonary bit and finish these off tomorrow. But even with these all the way down to the ground and fully home, the end cross members in the flooring pieces need to be cut and shortened so that they can sit flush on the concrete, not on these security bolts. This would be my only small criticism of the whole job.

But once adjusted the floor is a good fit, level and able to take a good weight. I'm really pleased with it overall.

:thumb2

Mine was finally delivered and erected today. There was a delay due to a production problem at the factory. Lads turned up at 8.30 and were done by 10.30. I took the lazy option and paid to have it erected - they did it much faster than I could have. Looks great - solid, secure and well made, plenty of vents to keep condensation at bay and I can comfortably fit my 1200 GSA and KTM 690 Rally in plus cleaning products, tools, pressure washer and my Motolug trailer. Just need to get power into it now. Really pleased with the 'shed' and would highly recommend Asgard.

Attachments

• IMG_1566.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 157

Back
Top Bottom