Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Len Manchester in Melton Mowbray

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by tuftywhite View Post
    I nearly went to check today, as I was in Melton getting an MOT. Then I realised that they would be open today, so I'm going to check tomorrow.

I will report back.
    But tomorrow is Sunday. Now I'm confused. Is Melton Mowbray open on a Sunday?
    Kite Recording Studio
    www.kitestudio.co.uk

getting away with it so far! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    You can get decent Stilton and Pork Pies 7 days a week. Just not motorbikes.

For some of us it's our metropolis!

I nearly went to check today, as I was in Melton getting an MOT. Then I realised that they would be open today, so I'm going to check tomorrow.

I will report back.
    Thanks tufty...........

getting away with it so far! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Heard that Len Manchester is now closed down.

May open as smaller place, but lost Yamaha franchise.

Only hearsay, so someone may know more.

Nah, can't be closed today, it's not Sunday. Mind you, I didn't check the website.

Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray

I'll find out on the local gossip hotline.
    Must say in the three or four times I've been in for parts the service has been shit.
    So not much sympathy from me I'm afraid
    overland and classic

Always used to close Sun/Mon. Mixed review on FB, but reasonably current. It will be interesting to learn the SP here.

Didn't they put the odd Yamaha under Keith Heuwen, back in the 70s? Still, no respect for past glories these days - hit the targets or move over.

Aging 1 eyed Tosser Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    went passed last saturday morning no bikes in the show room and 2 vans down the side loading up some bikes
    mummy mummy is dad dead?
    no son hes out riding that bloody Vrood

Vrood keep the legend alive.

Theyve posted on facebook this morning that they had a 125 stolen from the workshop this morning. Apparently they turned up at 6am left one of the guys to keep an eye on the place while they went to see if it could be found only to have him attacked and hit in the face with a spanner by the thieves who came back.

The Police obviously were useless and didn't want to know.

"Break In, this morning at just after 5AM someone broke into the workshops and stole a Black AJS Cadwell as pictured below. We got to the workshops approx 6am and whilst one member of staff remained at the workshop we left to try and find the bike as police didn't seem bothered !!!We returned 15 mins later to find the thieves had returned back and attacked a member of staff with a wrench smashing his face whilst trying to take other motorcycles. They ran off the police and ambulance was called but 20 mins later we are still awaiting there arrival !!
    Please can we share this post £500 cash reward for the Name and address of the people involved !!!"

Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray
    The sickening thing is that the police had info that a Melton bike shop was going to be done over!!
    The owner of TK motorcycles was warned around a month ago, he passed the warning to me.
    Quite a lot of gossip about the reasons for the closure of the shop,allegedly Yamaha were anonymously informed that manchesters were struggling financially,hence the removal of all of the bikes and I guess the loss of the franchise.
    The business owner has opened a new shop/unit on the road out towards Loughborough selling Chinese bikes I think(mash).
    He was still renting the workshop that was robbed.
    All of this could of course be total bollocks but this is what I've been told
    One would assume that the workshops were alarmed ,the lack of police attendance is shocking as the police station is literally 2mins around the corner.
    overland and classic

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    The sickening thing is that the police had info that a Melton bike shop was going to be done over!!
    The owner of TK motorcycles was warned around a month ago, he passed the warning to me.
    Quite a lot of gossip about the reasons for the closure of the shop,allegedly Yamaha were anonymously informed that manchesters were struggling financially,hence the removal of all of the bikes and I guess the loss of the franchise.
    The business owner has opened a new shop/unit on the road out towards Loughborough selling Chinese bikes I think(mash).
    He was still renting the workshop that was robbed.
    All of this could of course be total bollocks but this is what I've been told
    One would assume that the workshops were alarmed ,the lack of police attendance is shocking as the police station is literally 2mins around the corner.
    Just so long as your place stays under the radar.

Aging 1 eyed Tosser Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Neil young who owns Len Manchester has stated that there was no police cover in Melton and that the police took 47mins to respond because they at to come from Leicester,there is a interview with him on BBC radio Leicester about the theft.
    mummy mummy is dad dead?
    no son hes out riding that bloody Vrood

Vrood keep the legend alive.

Blog Entries
    People need to be tooled up these days, if they knew what their cover actually was, they already would be!

Looking at the last Accounts (2015) i see NY is on the hook, with PGs to the Bank £40k & Yamaha £100k, with the business barely washing it's face. Tough times; I'm sure he could well do without the attention from violent scumbags as well. Let's hope they can re-establish at a more modest level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12