Thread: Its finally back! At last !

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Its finally back! At last !

The campouts are back!,in Sevenoaks Kent, on the friday 4th august to the 6th August.
    If youve never been before, the scheme of things will be to arrive friday , and i'll conjure up an evening meal for you, probably a curry or a chilli.Breakfast will be healthy cereals ( Bah!),tea and toast etc.,Saturday lunch you'll sort out yourself, and I'll sort out Saturday nights evening meal.It will be something like a wildlife bbq, regular bbq,legs of pork, another stew or something similar.The gas stove and kettle will be on tickover most of the time.You are also welcome to cater for yourself if you wish.You are also welcome to arrive saturday day if you like,but you may miss the kick offs for the ride outs.
    Ive got a lead on a road ride out, and Mr Bounce is exploring the possibilities of an off road ride.The whole event centres around the bonfire and we have a small marquee in case it pishes down, so the beer drinking can continue in the dry.
    The event is held within the boundaries of a working farm in Sevenoaks, there is a small river/stream running through the site.There is also a Sainsburys about 2 miles away, with 2 pubs in the local village serving cracking beer, and decent food.Theres plenty of local walking in the area, and a smalll war/aviation musuem,and at least one tea room for a cream tea in the village.We have a flushing toilet but no showers, so bring the baby wipes!.I have a 1000 watt 240 volt generator that will be running 24/7 ,so you can charge phones/ipads /laptops etc.
    The nearest motorway junctions are m25 junction 3 and 5.The nearest train station is Shoreham , about 1/2 mile away.
    The cost will be £5 per person per night which is the rent to the farmer, kids go free.wobbly boxes should be ok as long as there not too big.
    Ill start another thread with the attendees who are going .Use this one for questions etc.There is limited space at the site for about 30 tents.
    Any questions please ask.
    cheers Pauly
    Al Jesse panniers for sale , fits a 1200 GS /GSA Air cooled £450 posted.

Ive also got a new dutch oven and tripod to try out.! hubble bubble toil and trouble hahaha.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-litre-Ca...IAAOSwnNBXbVIf

i might try and make a cake for a laugh!

Well ive been down the site today, and what a cracker it is.If you like rough camping, its brill, you are in the middle of nowhere.we do have a functional flushing toilet, but no electric, no running water, but a flat dry field, a fire pit and magnificient views. I do have a large marquee, a 240v gennie and quite a few water barrels.This will be fab.
    sainsburys is about 2 miles away and several pubs are within a medium walk , if that floats your boat. I;ll pm you the address if youre registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad biker View Post
    Well ive been down the site today, and what a cracker it is.If you like rough camping, its brill, you are in the middle of nowhere.we do have a functional flushing toilet, but no electric, no running water, but a flat dry field, a fire pit and magnificient views. I do have a large marquee, a 240v gennie and quite a few water barrels.This will be fab.
    sainsburys is about 2 miles away and several pubs are within a medium walk , if that floats your boat. I;ll pm you the address if youre registered.
    Id love to come down. Are dogs allowed and are they allowed to be off lead. Hugo upsets my drinking rhythm when he is permanently attached to my arm! We'd be camping

all good to go with Hugo !

Brilliant. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The weather forecast is looking goood !

HI, in the directions you say take the road to the right of the large log...G Earth shows 2 roads next to each other to the right of the log. I assume you mean the right closest to the log?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Take the drive with the big cow pat next to it, far right of the picture, either will get you there, but i opted for the far right as it will interfere with the farmer much less ,as the road on the left trots down to his house.

cheers, my thoughts were along the same lines. Don't want to upset the natives. Us courteous BMW rabble rousers!

Dont forget your ipods,i phones and mp3 players and chargers for banging out some toons.. we have the power!