Nav v asks to switch to car mode? Why

BigAlEly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me as to why, when I place my sat nav in the cradle, it asks me if I want to switch to car mode? I have searched to forum, but can't find any thread on this.
Any help would be appreciated. Apologies if this has been discussed before.. happy to be directed to an old thread:beerjug:

I have had exactly the same problem, and no idea why. To solve it, i have just set my Nav to car mode and also set Basecamp to car mode. All it is is an arbitary setting that allows you to store different parameters on your Nav for journeys by different type of transport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try a gentle scrub up of the pins and contacts. It won't do any harm, if it doesn't do any good.

I have found that my 390 does very strange things if set in Motorcycle mode. Even if I set everything the same in both car and motorcycle modes it ends up doing some very strange routing if set on motorcycle. I spent ages try to find out why including posting on here about it, just couldn't get to the bottom of it. I just leave it in car mode now and it works a expected. Maybe Garmin have realised that they ave screwed up and are getting the devices to change to car mode to cover it up!

John

thanks for the replies chaps... i ran in motorcycle mode for two years with no problems. i think i may have set a route in car mode one time and i wonder if that has set it always asking the question. never mind, have to get used to looking at a car instead of a little motorcycle. i get that as long as the settings are the same for the nav and the computer, it is irrelevant. just annoying that it does it. so, car mode it is.:beerjug:

I am guessing that you have a route, saved in your NavV, in Cor route mode; hence it asking you if that's your wish. Do a search and report back.

Will do that... don't think I need any of the routes in it, so might just go for a factory reset... if the car route can't be found... will let you know.:beerjug:

Will do that... don't think I need any of the routes in it, so might just go for a factory reset... if the car route can't be found... will let you know.:beerjug:

If you have any routes stored on a installed SD card you'll need to format that as the master reset won't touch the card.

If you have any routes stored on a installed SD card you'll need to format that as the master reset won't touch the card.

Thnx for that Ian, I don't know how to do that though..... bit of an IT numpty, any advice!!! :confused:

Thnx Ian, will give it a try...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom