Thread: near miss the other night sharp intake of breath!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

near miss the other night sharp intake of breath!

caught on in car camera, driver lucky it was a big 4*4 ,sure he would not have seen a bike in that situation ...

anybody else reckon driver had just finished a phone call and woke up realising they were in wrong lane??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHNOYLF7COI&t=52s

Didn't see the near miss, but how was the Cinammon Tree?

hmmm

seems strange, its about 34 secs in, I trued to run it myself and it wanted to start from about 50 secs in try this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHNOYLF7COI&t=52s

ps cinnamon tree is always excellent value!!

Yes, missed it first time. You would be amazed how many times that happens at that junction even in daylight. I worked the area for years and would see it daily. Occasionally dealing with the odd shunt. And your right, rider would have stood no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic893 View Post
    Yes, missed it first time. You would be amazed how many times that happens at that junction even in daylight. I worked the area for years and would see it daily. Occasionally dealing with the odd shunt. And your right, rider would have stood no chance.
    0 out of 10 for observation for me, should have realised you were job or ex job if I'd bothered to look at you moniker!!

Spot on

Spot on
    That roundabout has history, coming back from a meal guess where!
    Before traffic lights we almost head on into a car going wrong way round!
    Tried to block them to point them in right direction but lady driver was having none of it , straight up A470 north , but up the southbound side!!
    Wifey on phone minutes later 2 traffic cars from Cardiff direction howl up to head her off at pass!!
    Often wonder how many heart attacks she caused
    Are you retired now ?? Roll on better weather eh!

Yes retired. Treated my self to a new GS1200 TE can't wait for good weather.

Our local Roundabout City is Milton Keynes. Many elements of the MK grid system are dual carriageways, de-restricted, so the pace in roundabouts can be daunting for the inexperienced.

Sadly, what you see on this clip has become just an everyday event. Thank goodness we don't have 4-way stops in the UK - that would be a treat to watch.

Russ. As you know my neck of the woods it the Coryton roundabout that's this issue always happens.
    Happened to me after fuelling up the other week, but saw it coming. Straight on the horn and forced the driver up the 470. He had a Speed wobble from hell after trying to straighten up. Road is cleared marked to the point of writing on road and dots to distinguish lanes.
    I know I should of been in the nearside lane, but filtered to the front and the guy never even looked right at me, when the lights were red.....hence the alarm bells started ringing.
    Allan Davies

Don't go down the Kings do you?
    Allan Davies

Quote Originally Posted by russ996duke View Post
    hmmm

seems strange, its about 34 secs in, I trued to run it myself and it wanted to start from about 50 secs in try this link
    You need to remove the "&t=52s" at the end of the link to make the video play from the beginning, i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHNOYLF7COI

Driver had enough time to indicate... suggests they realised they'd messed up and panicked trying to get back onto ther correct road? New to the area??
    Does seem a fairly complicated road system... and it was dark... and it was a Corsa (new driver...) - Am I too nice? :-)
    Andy
    “I have no reason to go, except that I have never been, and knowledge is better than ignorance. What better reason could there be for travelling?”
    ― Freya Stark, A Winter in Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    You need to remove the "&t=52s" at the end of the link to make the video play from the beginning, i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHNOYLF7COI
    Ta new to this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Davies View Post
    Russ. As you know my neck of the woods it the Coryton roundabout that's this issue always happens.
    Happened to me after fuelling up the other week, but saw it coming. Straight on the horn and forced the driver up the 470. He had a Speed wobble from hell after trying to straighten up. Road is cleared marked to the point of writing on road and dots to distinguish lanes.
    I know I should of been in the nearside lane, but filtered to the front and the guy never even looked right at me, when the lights were red.....hence the alarm bells started ringing.
    Yep Al see that so often there drivers just think they can stay in outside lane ignore the markings completely oblivious !��

Nice bike I went over to the orange sides while back!!
    ��