France - Crit D'Air Emissions Stickers

Do you know what? It's just a form.
I apologise unreservedly for my profanities.
Brian is now back in his cage.

You don't get any of this trouble in Llandudno.

just back even the french dont give a feck about them . if your not in the city I dont think you will have a problem .we looked on french vans and cars and there was about 10% of cars and vans

.....if your not in the city I dont think you will have a problem .

No shit.

That's how the stickers work. Enter certain very specific cities and you'll need the sticker. Don't enter them and no sticker is required. Like the London Congestion Charge, it's really very simple.

just back even the french dont give a feck about them . if your not in the city I dont think you will have a problem .we looked on french vans and cars and there was about 10% of cars and vans

10% ..... 10% of what, which, why or whom.. had working indicators ???

Tell me damn it man, i need to know..

No shit.

That's how the stickers work. Enter certain very specific cities and you'll need the sticker. Don't enter them and no sticker is required. Like the London Congestion Charge, it's really very simple.

Do you have any routes that go through all the French Cities requiring these stickers?

I can see this being very important to all those bikers who are planning to go and tour the most congested cities in France, whenever a foreigner asks for my advice on where to ride a motorcycle in the UK the first thing that pops into my head is how nice all of the congestion zones are to ride through.

If I ever manage to get one of these stickers (unlikely as it is) I shall make a point of riding though any city requiring said sticker just to make sure I get my money's worth.

Seems a lot of trouble to go to, so why bother? The more complicated they make it, the less I worry about it.....When I was in Portugal, others were more worried than I, that I was not carrying a hi viz:D

I was stopped by the Police for two traffic violations, I talked my way out of each one:thumb2

Well I've tried & failed, fucking stupid fucking computer bollocks.
I haven't got a fucking clue how to re-size the Jpeg or photo or whatever the fuck they want, I have no idea WTF the 'Indication of the Environmental category' even fucking well means let alone what the fuck it is, FFS.
And despite the fact that my V5 clearly says the CO2 in g/km is 0.045 Johnny Fucking Foreigner's fucking web form won't fucking well accept it.
Fuck them, they can fuck off, fucking French fucks. If they don't want my money they can bollocks. I repeat, French Fucks. Fuck them again, then fuck them some more.
Maybe Andres' mate was right after all, fucking European fucks. *

This has made me chuckle so much!

Clean Air

I'm off to France this week, in the car, and dullard that I am I've forgotten to get a clean air sticker.
I've read the RAC page and relavent posts on here and at the moment it only appears to be needed for certain areas. As I'm not straying far from Normandy I think I should be alright.
Does anybody know if I'm right or can I look forward to some time in the Bastille?

Here's a thing.
I was planning on spending a couple of nights in Lyon on my way south next year. Never visited the city, its supposed to be fab.
Need a CritAir for the bike - fair enough, their country, their rules etc. However Lyon seems to have a system where trffic is banned if pollution reaches a certain level.
That could mean either not being able to get to a hotel or not being able to leave on the day I want. That seems bonkers.

Went right through the centre of Grenoble in the summer (Satnav :blast) on my 1996 GS without knowing anything about the stickers. It's only on a stop basis ie no cameras, it was lunchtime so not a police person in sight :D my bike is not eligible.

In general if we want to visit a city, which is rare on holiday, we will stay on the outskirts, on a campsite near a bus or train stop.
The only real problem I can see for me in the future is if they include towns and cities such as Calais - Dunkirk and Le Harve have already been mentioned - will I be able to get off the ferry :nenau:D

Well I've tried & failed, fucking stupid fucking computer bollocks.
I haven't got a fucking clue how to re-size the Jpeg or photo or whatever the fuck they want, I have no idea WTF the 'Indication of the Environmental category' even fucking well means let alone what the fuck it is, FFS.
And despite the fact that my V5 clearly says the CO2 in g/km is 0.045 Johnny Fucking Foreigner's fucking web form won't fucking well accept it.
Fuck them, they can fuck off, fucking French fucks. If they don't want my money they can bollocks. I repeat, French Fucks. Fuck them again, then fuck them some more.
Maybe Andres' mate was right after all, fucking European fucks. *

Does this mean your retirement plans have changed - Portugal perhaps :D

The sticker is only needed for those days the air quality is crapper than normal. The rest of the days are good to go.
Unless its a ZCR and even then, not all colours of the sticker are allowed. That means, if your sticker is yellow, you may still be fecked :aidan

This explains it.
French-environmental-zones

Just looked on the website and I can see there is an option for 'unknown', but out of interest does anyone know what Euro category, if any, a 2000 R1150GS, single spark falls into; there's no information on my V5?
Also, the price shown is €29, wasn't it just €4 when introduced!?
Oh well, you snooze - you lose I guess!

They have stuffed us on pricing it seems. News to me, but I haven't been on their website recently.

Your GS should be Euro 1; check here ............. http://www.urbanaccessregulations.eu/low-emission-zones-main/what-emissions-standard-is-my-vehicle

However, unless it was registered after 01 June 2000 les grenouilles won't oblige with an emissions sticker as I understand it. They drew a line in the sand, so if your bike was registered prior to this, it cannot enter the designated EZ cities whatever - don't try any fancy stuff to circumnavigate the rule; they will still take your money but won't send the sticker, just to make your day.

Back
Top Bottom