France - Crit D'Air Emissions Stickers

They have stuffed us on pricing it seems. News to me, but I haven't been on their website recently.

Your GS should be Euro 1; check here ............. http://www.urbanaccessregulations.eu/low-emission-zones-main/what-emissions-standard-is-my-vehicle

However, unless it was registered after 01 June 2000 les grenouilles won't oblige with an emissions sticker as I understand it. They drew a line in the sand, so if your bike was registered prior to this, it cannot enter the designated EZ cities whatever - don't try any fancy stuff to circumnavigate the rule; they will still take your money but won't send the sticker, just to make your day.
Thanks squibb, August 2000 I think so it'll just squeak through.
Edit: However, that was when it was registered NOT when it was manufactured which very well may have been before June, if that makes any difference.

From the website today...

It costs €3.70 plus postage.

For shipments in the European Union and Switzerland, this amounts to € 4.8.

Absolutely right - I checked today as well, so did a bit more research.

Oh dear, I think buellzebub has been astray with by a recent link (redboots no.78), which has taken him to a third party site, not the 'official' Crit D'air site. Here are the credentials of the 3rd party people. ...... https://www.crit-air.fr/en/about-us.html DO NOT ORDER STICKERS VIA THIS LINK

So the lesson is to always use the link given in the initial post on page 1 of this thread.

Absolutely right - I checked today as well, so did a bit more research.

Oh dear, I think buellzebub has been astray with by a recent link (redboots no.78), which has taken him to a third party site, not the 'official' Crit D'air site. Here are the credentials of the 3rd party people. ...... https://www.crit-air.fr/en/about-us.html DO NOT ORDER STICKERS VIA THIS LINK

So the lesson is to always use the link given in the initial post on page 1 of this thread.
Thanks squibb

Well I've tried & failed, fucking stupid fucking computer bollocks.
I haven't got a fucking clue how to re-size the Jpeg or photo or whatever the fuck they want, I have no idea WTF the 'Indication of the Environmental category' even fucking well means let alone what the fuck it is, FFS.
And despite the fact that my V5 clearly says the CO2 in g/km is 0.045 Johnny Fucking Foreigner's fucking web form won't fucking well accept it.
Fuck them, they can fuck off, fucking French fucks. If they don't want my money they can bollocks. I repeat, French Fucks. Fuck them again, then fuck them some more.
Maybe Andres' mate was right after all, fucking European fucks. *

Does this mean your retirement plans have changed - Portugal perhaps :D

Pfffft. That made me laugh. :D

I still have no helmet stickers, no hi-viz vest, no breathalyser, little respect for their puny 56mph limit on rural roads and they are lucky if I can bother to swap to riding on the other side of the road on some occasions, not going to worry too much about this requirement.

You’ll probably wish you’d bothered when you are standing on the side of the road with the police demanding 500€

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how long they last? If it's for the life of the vehicle then great but if it has to be renewed annually it'll be a pain in the bum.

I cannot see how applying for a paper disc/license will cut down on pollution? I could understand if they banned vehicles over a certain age entering cities but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

It strikes me as being a load of typical EU waste of time bollocks

Certain classes will be banned from the affected areas as the levels of pollution changes.
If Paris is a bit smoggy one day, they might introduce a ban on anything other than class 1 vehicles.

Take a test ride on a new Guzzi, borrow the details from that. Change your plate if you plan to go into Paris, or any of the other Gardens of Eden they are implementing these thefts.

Not really a theft is it?
£4.
It likely costs them more than that to get the stickers printed and posted.

Is it just me that think is a bad idea to provide all my vehicle details to a foreigner country?? If the DLVA doesn't provide my personal details to any country in the EU why should I?

What are the chances of getting caught and fined on place when going to France?

It’s not Nigeria, it’s fine.

Seems a lot of trouble to go to, so why bother? The more complicated they make it, the less I worry about it.....When I was in Portugal, others were more worried than I, that I was not carrying a hi viz:D

I was stopped by the Police for two traffic violations, I talked my way out of each one:thumb2

It’s not complicated.

Fill in detail, send pic.

Get a loan for the £4. Sorted.

Just looked on the website and I can see there is an option for 'unknown', but out of interest does anyone know what Euro category, if any, a 2000 R1150GS, single spark falls into; there's no information on my V5?
Also, the price shown is €29, wasn't it just €4 when introduced!?
Oh well, you snooze - you lose I guess!

You’ve gone to a non official site.

As news of these outrages come in thick and fast, I've stickied this latest one.

The stickers are easy to apply for and dead easy to stick on. Nobody is going to steal them.

It's the first time on this site that I've seen an appeal for the EU to become deeply involved on a federal basis, rather than leaving it to local elected councils to set their own agendas on traffic movements and pollution.

If the EU was doing the job properly it would have a central system.
Another example of their piecemeal blizzard of rules with no effective management.

You can get CE stickers galore from China. What has eBay got for these

They’ve got a qr code on them, I imagine they also use anpr to detect vehicles without them.

I’ve got one on my car and Small Bike that when ridden, you can hear the environment crying.

But my pan European is too old to get one, even though it’s identical engine etc to a 2002 model.

Back
Top Bottom