The Dent Rides

I will be riding with some pals on Saturday happy for folk to tag along ..

Hi Johnny,
I will again offer a ride on the Saturday, sorry can't do Sunday as going to a bit of a do on Saturday night.
My ride will be quite long one (if the weather is good) and as such pace will at times be brisk.
Some GS friendly off road may be included.
As for the route?? Still in the contemplation stage, but I'm thinking upto the Buddhist Temple in Eskdalemuir.

Paul.
didn't you say that last year

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this event now Mick/JB.
If anybody is looking for accommodation there is a room available at the Sun Inn. It has one double and one single bed.
Sun Inn 01539 625208

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Who lead the ride last year where we ended up in a little cafe mid morning with lace tablecloths. I also remember some awesome roads with closed gates and the odd cattle grid! Who was that?

sounds good if I can get to stay an extra day

that sounds like a good ride sid, we going to have to catch up soon before we go

Who lead the ride last year where we ended up in a little cafe mid morning with lace tablecloths. I also remember some awesome roads with closed gates and the odd cattle grid! Who was that?

Sounds remarkably like a Mr J.Boxer ride.

I have sorted a route very similar in that there be the odd gated road, covering part of the Dales around Dent and a run through the trough of Bowland. Have run it a few times built in two quaint yet smart tea rooms,Petrol stop too. Well it had to be done as 2 peeps already showing interest. So far that's 4 of us including the Mrs on her ickle F650gs. The pace will be within all speed limits, 95% of the roads are back lanes and moorland crossings. What the GS was made for. Anyone remotely interested do sign up, will be departing from Dent Carpark at 10am can pick up fuel at 20 mile point. Full tanks is better. Any questions do send a pm.
Toodle Pip time for some shut eye as up at 6am
Andrew

I have never been around there before so will anyone be going around the lakes ? I don't have a clue where anything is at all except I will be following some people on BMW's lol

Is anyone stopping longer than just the weekend ?

IK'm hoping to be up there Tuesday or Wednesday latest, staying while the Monday .... but I'll be in the VW Camper with the dawg :thumb

:beerjug:

I've been asked where I'm going on Saturday so roughly I will be heading east from Dent, Gayle, Bainbridge then south, Thoralby, Newbiggin, Kiddatones, Cray, Buckden, Kettlewell, Arncliffe, Malham moor, Malham , then north east towards Winterburn, Hetton, Cracoe, Linton, Burnsall, Appletreewick, north towards Patelybridge, Risplith, Kirby Malzeard, Grewlthorpe, Masham, Well, Snape, Bedale, Richmond, west towards Marske, Grinton, descending south back to Dent.

There will be beautiful scenery ( whatever the weather) and plenty of cake. Fuelling can be done night before which should give us options at Pately, Masham and Richmond and Hawes at the end.

All welcome.

Sounds remarkably like a Mr J.Boxer ride.

I have sorted a route very similar in that there be the odd gated road, covering part of the Dales around Dent and a run through the trough of Bowland. Have run it a few times built in two quaint yet smart tea rooms,Petrol stop too. Well it had to be done as 2 peeps already showing interest. So far that's 4 of us including the Mrs on her ickle F650gs. The pace will be within all speed limits, 95% of the roads are back lanes and moorland crossings. What the GS was made for. Anyone remotely interested do sign up, will be departing from Dent Carpark at 10am can pick up fuel at 20 mile point. Full tanks is better. Any questions do send a pm.
Toodle Pip time for some shut eye as up at 6am
Andrew
Hi Andrew

This trip sounds nice. We were up around the trough of bowland a couple of weeks ago and there was plenty of snow up on the passes :eek: it's one of our favourite places so reserve 2 places for me and the wife please - fingers crossed that the weather stays nice :Motomartin:beerjug:

JB,

I'm working on a day pass for the Saturday so which ride would you suggest? You know what I'm like...:D

Hi Andrew

This trip sounds nice. We were up around the trough of bowland a couple of weeks ago and there was plenty of snow up on the passes :eek: it's one of our favourite places so reserve 2 places for me and the wife please - fingers crossed that the weather stays nice :Motomartin:beerjug:

Will do, it's an area Julie and I have spent a weekend in October last year and have had a few runs up there on me Tod and with brother in law. For this run have reversed the route a little . It's a belter plenty of the ooooooh and ahhhhh moments good roads. Did it in biblical rain ☔️ now that was fun. In the sunshine though a joy. Look forward to meeting you and the Mrs.
Have not done a gps route yet as just from memory but will put something together if this latest update works. :augie
Andrew

What sort of pace will you be setting? I don't want to rag the arse off a two up 27 year old R100gs. :)

Back
Top Bottom