Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Dent Rides

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've been asked where I'm going on Saturday so roughly I will be heading east from Dent, Gayle, Bainbridge then south, Thoralby, Newbiggin, Kiddatones, Cray, Buckden, Kettlewell, Arncliffe, Malham moor, Malham , then north east towards Winterburn, Hetton, Cracoe, Linton, Burnsall, Appletreewick, north towards Patelybridge, Risplith, Kirby Malzeard, Grewlthorpe, Masham, Well, Snape, Bedale, Richmond, west towards Marske, Grinton, descending south back to Dent.

There will be beautiful scenery ( whatever the weather) and plenty of cake. Fuelling can be done night before which should give us options at Pately, Masham and Richmond and Hawes at the end.

All welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgsadv View Post
    Sounds remarkably like a Mr J.Boxer ride.

I have sorted a route very similar in that there be the odd gated road, covering part of the Dales around Dent and a run through the trough of Bowland. Have run it a few times built in two quaint yet smart tea rooms,Petrol stop too. Well it had to be done as 2 peeps already showing interest. So far that's 4 of us including the Mrs on her ickle F650gs. The pace will be within all speed limits, 95% of the roads are back lanes and moorland crossings. What the GS was made for. Anyone remotely interested do sign up, will be departing from Dent Carpark at 10am can pick up fuel at 20 mile point. Full tanks is better. Any questions do send a pm.
    Toodle Pip time for some shut eye as up at 6am
    Andrew
    Hi Andrew

This trip sounds nice. We were up around the trough of bowland a couple of weeks ago and there was plenty of snow up on the passes it's one of our favourite places so reserve 2 places for me and the wife please - fingers crossed that the weather stays nice

JB,

I'm working on a day pass for the Saturday so which ride would you suggest? You know what I'm like...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Young View Post
    JB,

I'm working on a day pass for the Saturday so which ride would you suggest? You know what I'm like...
    Fran or Paul Nicholls (except the offroad) for a progressive ride or ours is steadier
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Cheers, JB. Put me down for Fran's then please.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Young View Post
    Cheers, JB. Put me down for Fran's then please.
    Look in the Dent section

There is a thread with a Poll, so you can select your ride there

Look forward to seeing you again
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by gspod View Post
    Hi Andrew

This trip sounds nice. We were up around the trough of bowland a couple of weeks ago and there was plenty of snow up on the passes it's one of our favourite places so reserve 2 places for me and the wife please - fingers crossed that the weather stays nice
    Will do, it's an area Julie and I have spent a weekend in October last year and have had a few runs up there on me Tod and with brother in law. For this run have reversed the route a little . It's a belter plenty of the ooooooh and ahhhhh moments good roads. Did it in biblical rain ☔️ now that was fun. In the sunshine though a joy. Look forward to meeting you and the Mrs.
    Have not done a gps route yet as just from memory but will put something together if this latest update works.
    Andrew

What sort of pace will you be setting? I don't want to rag the arse off a two up 27 year old R100gs.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    What sort of pace will you be setting? I don't want to rag the arse off a two up 27 year old R100gs.
    Ride to slowest machine no one left out. Will mark turns if a big group. A bimble with scope to open the taps as you do. Tend to stay within all speed limits. Nobody ever confused me with other faster riders
    When you see me you will appreciate that my bike is slower than some given the weight disadvantage
    You will be most welcome and fine on the day

Thanks Andrew, we have met, breakfast in the Sun Inn last year, I was the fat ugly bugger with the beard

Thanks Andrew, we have met, breakfast in the Sun Inn last year, I was the fat ugly bugger with the beard
    Hello again Fatal,be good to catch up with you again. We are stopping in the George this time will be up there between 21.00 and 22.00 hours on the Friday.

I was the fat ugly bugger with the beard
    sounds like me too lol

Could be quite a few on here

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgsadv View Post
    Hello again Fatal,be good to catch up with you again. We are stopping in the George this time will be up there between 21.00 and 22.00 hours on the Friday.
    I'm at the George as well, I'm not stalking you. Honestly

I think I have asked this already but....... is there a ride over the lakes or not please as never been and I have no idea where any of the rides are as not been there before ?

(Damon) F650GS Twin Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'd like to tag onto Chris's rides please!

Damon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast