The Dent Rides

Sunday

For those still standing on Sunday Magnet and I are happy to do a run if there's a demand for it. It will probably be similar to last year's Sunday run with perhaps a few variations. Probably across Buttertubs, up through Arkengarthdale, Teesdale, and on further North, with a return via Allendale and various other bits.

I will soon publish the start times/meeting point ride details in a new thread in the Dent section, on Weds/Thurs

Thanks to Johnny Boxer for leading us around the dales. I had a great day on the old clunker, the pace was just right. Please note that I'm not normally a Dayglow Derek, but wearing that over jacket was a lot cheaper than replacing my leaking riding jacket, and I got the important role of being tail end Charlie. I suppose it was because I wouldn't dazzle the group being at the back :D

Thanks to Johnny Boxer for leading us around the dales. I had a great day on the old clunker, the pace was just right. Please note that I'm not normally a Dayglow Derek, but wearing that over jacket was a lot cheaper than replacing my leaking riding jacket, and I got the important role of being tail end Charlie. I suppose it was because I wouldn't dazzle the group being at the back :D

Thanks, you did a fab job of TEC, Alan........... thank you

Seconded - a fantastic day out! Many thanks Johnny, I learned lots & will be practising ready for next year!!

Damon

Good to meet you and thanks for the Haribo's

Our roads are a bit twisty, but you soon got the hang of it and did really well

I'd like to say a big thanks to Paul Nicholls for the off road ride, had an absolute blast and managed to stay on the beast despite it being the first time I'd had it off road.
Learned the hard way that skimping by buying Frank Thomas textiles was a mistake, constant rain meant I was permanently wet through inside and out. Time to spank the bank for something better, just don't tell the wife!!!
Rob. (Shoecroft)

I'd like to say a big thanks to Paul Nicholls for the off road ride, had an absolute blast and managed to stay on the beast despite it being the first time I'd had it off road.
Learned the hard way that skimping by buying Frank Thomas textiles was a mistake, constant rain meant I was permanently wet through inside and out. Time to spank the bank for something better, just don't tell the wife!!!
Rob. (Shoecroft)
Was a tad moist at times.
First time offered, wow, well done.

Yes big Thanks to Paul N for another fantastic days riding :thumb2

The weather was challenging at times but just added to the overall great days experience.

(infact the wetter it got the faster my mate appeared to ride on his old Africa Twin with nobblies :eek:)

Many thanks Paul and I look forward to next year :beerjug:

Thanks again Johnny for a fab ride, Bring your other better than new 1150 GSA out of the bubble for the next one as im dying to see it, great to see Bungy and the boys again, best Dent yet and cant wait for next year

Thanks again Johnny for a fab ride, Bring your other better than new 1150 GSA out of the bubble for the next one as im dying to see it, great to see Bungy and the boys again, best Dent yet and cant wait for next year

A very enjoyable weekend and many beers were drunk. Loads of highlights but seeing clear daylight beneath both of your wheels several times on the rideout would have been "fun" but seeing it with you having a pillion had me chuckling in my lid.
I can't believe you only managed a short notice surf and turf for Saturdays dinner :comfort

Yes big Thanks to Paul N for another fantastic days riding :thumb2

The weather was challenging at times but just added to the overall great days experience.

(infact the wetter it got the faster my mate appeared to ride on his old Africa Twin with nobblies :eek:)

Many thanks Paul and I look forward to next year :beerjug:
Your welcome mate. I really enjoyed the day.
Have you seen the picture of the train over the viaduct? If only we had a camera eh???
Can't remember his name, wonder if he is ok?

Back
Top Bottom