The Dent Rides

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, with March upon us, I thought we had better start a thread discussing some rides:augie

The majority of the rides take place on the Saturday (as quite a few go home on the Sunday)

Saturday

Magnet/HTC - will be leading a ride, on roads less travelled and with an excellent fodder stop (Fran is noted for he foody choices) and the pace will be brisk

2GSES (Chris) - will be leading a back roads ride, at a steady pace, exploring the little known and used lanes and white roads (no offroad, just grass in the middle) and I will probably back up Chris, on his ride (as most of you will be bored with my ride, after 2 years of doing it)

Paul Nicholls - doing a longer ride, maybe up to the North Pennines and will include some offroad sections (discuss with him by PM) for those suitably able to complete. Paul's rides have been a blast in previous years

Andrewgsadv - may lead a ride if we have a large number of people wanting organised rides and the other rides have been filled - Andrew's rides are generally off the beaten track and at decent pace

Any other Ride leaders??

Sunday

HTC/Magnet - will probably be leading a ride

Does anyone want anything else in particular?

Suggestions welcome?

Rides

Hi Johnny,
I will again offer a ride on the Saturday, sorry can't do Sunday as going to a bit of a do on Saturday night.
My ride will be quite long one (if the weather is good) and as such pace will at times be brisk.
Some GS friendly off road may be included.
As for the route?? Still in the contemplation stage, but I'm thinking upto the Buddhist Temple in Eskdalemuir.

Paul.

Hi JB - I can confirm I will be running a ride on the Saturday - route very similar to last year with a different lunch stop. Waiting for Micky to get his act together to see if it needs to detour to the air ambulance base. :)

With numbers attending we may need to recruit some more willing leaders.

Was thinking of Joining JB again or 2 gses ride out as reet up our street.

If numbers high can lead a run , something like Yorkshire and Trough of Bowland on the Saturday. Julie can be TECharlie Haven't mentioned that bit to her yet :green gri Happy to tag along or take on a bit more :thumby:

As Tour Meister JB let me know and will have a run up to go over me route if necessary :beerjug::D

Hi JB - I can confirm I will be running a ride on the Saturday - route very similar to last year with a different lunch stop. Waiting for Micky to get his act together to see if it needs to detour to the air ambulance base. :)

With numbers attending we may need to recruit some more willing leaders.

Will you be leading a ride on Sunday Ma'am

So what do you class as "Brisk" ? lol pm me if need be ;)
anyone doing a ride around the Lake District as never been before please ?

Hi Johnny,
I will again offer a ride on the Saturday, sorry can't do Sunday as going to a bit of a do on Saturday night.
My ride will be quite long one (if the weather is good) and as such pace will at times be brisk.
Some GS friendly off road may be included.
As for the route?? Still in the contemplation stage, but I'm thinking upto the Buddhist Temple in Eskdalemuir.

Paul.

Loved last years ride out, however Mrs.tree will be in close attendance this time round so may have to explore alone. Have a good 'un :thumb2

So what do you class as "Brisk" ? lol pm me if need be ;)
anyone doing a ride around the Lake District as never been before please ?

PM the ride leader for any info, that's the way it works and they will answer any specifics

Brisk means - maintaining a good pace, within the aspects of the law

Will there be a run similar to 'Driving Miss Daisy'? I'll be two up on a 27 year old R100GS, I don't fancy anything frantic with the missus on the back. Last year I ended up at times having to rag the nuts off the poor old girl (bike, not the wife)

Will there be a run similar to 'Driving Miss Daisy'? I'll be two up on a 27 year old R100GS, I don't fancy anything frantic with the missus on the back. Last year I ended up at times having to rag the nuts off the poor old girl (bike, not the wife)

2GSes run will be ok

Back
Top Bottom