gsBAY GRAND AUCTION

Deleted Member Mtn

OK
so we have an interest in a press sheet and plate from the calendar.......
...and you lot want to BID for it

LOT 1 to be auctioned at the BMF RALLY Saturday 21st May...after we've had our tea.....
Press sheet from an original press plate (circa. 2005) used to print the historical 2006 GS girls calendar
this superb piece of artwork has been kindly donated by Fil at Piggot Black Bear (schiannini to you) showing the stunning but tasteful portrait of Mrs Whatton languishing in a Jacuzzi with 1150GS rampant
Dimensions are approx.
707 x 500mm
weight...hardly anything......
and i will provide a big loo roll holder thingy to carry it in.....

LOT 2 to be auctioned at the HOG ROAST, 9th July 2005...after you've all eaten Daves Brother and sister......
large metal press plate circa. 2005
depicting picture of Mrs Whatton in the Jacuzzi and the complete back page of all 12 calendar phot'os and acknowledgements

this superb piece of craftsmanship has been donated by messr.s Piggot Black Bear...printers to the stars.......
dimensions are approx 524 x 615mm.
weight is approx. 100grams

so it wont fit on the back of a motorbike...even a GS.......

so if you want to bid on either of these..........be at the venues...or get your P.M. bids in by
10am FRIDAY 20TH MAY for lot 1
10am FRIDAY 8TH JULY for lot 2
where someone will bid in your absence.......

all p.m. bids to me on my pm list.....

ms october....

LOT 1

THE PRESS SHEET

Attachments

• presspic.jpg
    presspic.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 518
... and the plate.
auction.jpg

Apologies for quality of pic but it's the best my camera phone could do at short notice.

...and if you are really generous........
we might be able to get them signed for you.....

Might I suggest that I think you are wrong in auctioning original plates at this point. You don't know yet how big this calendar is going to be. If you need to do reprints in the run up to the start of 2006 you will be screwed if you have already auctioned off the plates. Jam today stops you getting more jam tomorrow. I would respectfully suggest that you hold off auctioning the plates until you are absolutely sure that no more print runs are going to be made.

Mike

They could always 'bid' and 'win' now why the attention is rife then hold over delivery of auction item unitl it has exhausted its natural use?

That way you get the money for the plate and the winner (eventually) gets the plate and you ain't up shite creek withouth a paddle.

Unless of course Mr Schiannini and Mrs M have a cunning plan like erm more than one unique plate ;)

...Its Ms..
the plate cannot be used again........so Mr S says...

A fair concern but M is right (ish). The plates could technically be re-used but they need to be cleaned, sealed and stored. The combined cost of doing this for every job we do on the off chance that the job will come in for a reprint without corrections far outweighs having to remake plates for reprints.

Platemaking has moved on a long way in the last few years and we have recently installed the latest in Computer To Plate (CTP) technology so making a new plate takes about 10 mins and the material costs are also not what they used to be.

So the long boring technichal ramble basically adds up to - don't worry about it, if we need to reprint it's no biggie.

In fact if we need to reprint it will be a fantastic acheivement and I don't think anyone will mind.

Back
Top Bottom