Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R1200GS 17" front wheel

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Question R1200GS 17" front wheel

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever fitted a 17" front wheel to their GS12 and if so what model did you find fit or was it more like something from Central Wheels ?

Would make it even more of a demon when on tarmac, like the XR but only better !

R1200GS 17" front wheel

If it's for a hexhead/twin cam there's quite a few whom have done it, if your wanting to do it to a WC, HPS sell some 17" Kineo wheels.

I fitted 17" BST carbons, you can see my bike on the HPS website under BST wheels.

What Dingdong did - would have produced a cracking bike.

The GS with alu 17" wheels will make a big difference to the inertia and gyroscopic effect on their own, but going for CF wheels is the dogs' bollox.

I'm surprised that BMW don't offer the set-up as an option, to be honest....... For some folk - sports tyres and 17" alloy wheels are a big influence in their purchase.

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Here you go first is with standard r1200rt wheels and gsa front mudguard , second is test fit of f800r front mudguard
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I know of a set of wheels, tyres and spacers that are available, for a GS1200 pre LC models; if you are interested pm me and I will pass on a contact number.

I am thinking of doing the same, but both wheels to allow wider choice of rubber or is it not necessary to do the rear?

Al.

Do both ..........

get balanced rubber.

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

The only thing about using rt rear wheel is the offset , means the whell runs off centre to the left by 5 or so mm

Quote Originally Posted by Neil W View Post
    The only thing about using rt rear wheel is the offset , means the whell runs off centre to the left by 5 or so mm
    That does not make any difference but you will have to cut a bit off the centre stand foot.

That does not make any difference but you will have to cut a bit off the centre stand foot.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    I choose to machine off a bit of centre hub inside.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mindaugasa View Post
    I choose to machine off a bit of centre hub inside.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    you got any pics?

R1200GS 17" front wheel

On the hexhead and TC, R1200R, R1200RT, R1200S and R1200ST alloy rear wheels have a latitudinal offset which positions them approximately 15mm to the left of the motorcycle’s centre line when used on the R1200GS and GS Adventure. It must be stressed that although this latitudinal offset is clearly visible when standing behind the motorcycle, it has negligible effect on the motorcycle’s handling, I was able to take both hands off the bars and it ride perfectly straight.

I never had to trim the centre stand when I used a 5.5 rear rim, it's only when I went to the 6" sport rim that I needed to alter the stand.

Just bought a new RS 17" front wheel and a RT rear wheel for the LC ..let the Tinkering begin, anybody mad enough to have already done it? also got a set of manual TTX Ohlins to replace the ESA and a set of Supercorsa's

Apart from the handling benefits, has anyone who has done this mod found that the seat height is lower to the ground?

this looks cool with the 17 front
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast