Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T100 - T120 Round 2

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    These are nice bikes guys. I was at Bill Smiths in Chester looking at the red/silver T120 last week. I'm toying with changing my Yam S10 as it's getting very difficult to get on and off it due to seat height (I have arthritis in my right hip and knee), just have to arrange a test ride. Have you ridden one of these two up yet? I ride mostly solo, but my wife does ride pillion a couple of times each year. Is there enough seat room for two? I'm a slim 18stone, but my missus is just on 10st.

Looks lovely Arsey........

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France

T100 - T120 Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    These are nice bikes guys. I was at Bill Smiths in Chester looking at the red/silver T120 last week. I'm toying with changing my Yam S10 as it's getting very difficult to get on and off it due to seat height (I have arthritis in my right hip and knee), just have to arrange a test ride. Have you ridden one of these two up yet? I ride mostly solo, but my wife does ride pillion a couple of times each year. Is there enough seat room for two? I'm a slim 18stone, but my missus is just on 10st.
    Hi

Plenty of room for a pillion, my wifey is fine on the back, she just had to get used to using the grab rail or seat strap rather than having a top box behind as she is used to

(My pics seem to have vanished???)

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johno23 View Post
    Looks lovely Arsey........
    Loving mine so far.

It'll get a shift on if you push it but it begs to be ridden conservatively and enjoy the view.
    The gearbox is a tad clunky,the gear ratios wide and the power delivery is not very exciting,but it somehow makes it a better bike.

No gizmos apart from traction control and ABS.OK it has Road and Rain modes but hardly needs it when only pushing out 80bhp.Plenty of torque though.

Heated grips as standard and work very well.Suspension a bit clunky too,and handling with 18" front needs rider input.Front brake is probably crap compared to what you're used to.

Riding position is comfy,as is seat.

I'm getting over 60mpg and that's locally with crap speeds.Would expect over 70mpg on mainland.

It's a proper motorbike and I've had more people come up to me in last few days and say 'nice bike' than any bike I've owned in last 30 years !!

Get one.

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfarmer View Post
    Hey twizzle

Still scrambling on your scrambler ?
    Yep! Really enjoying it - simple, light handles well- good fun to ride on back roads!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Farkles just arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Farkles just arrived
    It will look funny with those knobblies on it

Farkles just arrived
    So what'ya got then ?

T100 - T120 Round 2

So what'ya got then ?
    Bar end mirrors,sump guard and engine bars,comfort seat

T100 - T120 Round 2

Bar end mirrors,sump guard and engine bars,comfort seat
    Better pics :

Note:gnarly off-road god !!

Better pics :

Note:gnarly off-road god !!
    Lucky you took the Trumpet ! You'd have ripped the fork stanching off your GS with that kind of madness

Lucky you took the Trumpet ! You'd have ripped the fork stanching off your GS with that kind of madness
    GS ???

Moi ? Mais non !!

It is a nice,honest bike (the T120).My only gripe really is the gearbox is agricultural.Up-shifts are smoothish,unless you giving it the beans,but down shifts are a tad clonky and loud.
    Dealer said it would smooth out after first service but it hasn't yet.
    Not really an issue but sure it could be a smoother box !

GS ???

Moi ? Mais non !!

It is a nice,honest bike (the T120).My only gripe really is the gearbox is agricultural.Up-shifts are smoothish,unless you giving it the beans,but down shifts are a tad clonky and loud.
    Dealer said it would smooth out after first service but it hasn't yet.
    Not really an issue but sure it could be a smoother box !
    The box on mine seems fine as long as you use the clutch,

It doesn't like clutchless upshifts much but then I was supposed to stop riding like a twat when I bought the Bonnie

It feels and handles a lot better now I've wound the back shocks up to number 4 on the preload but I'm still toying with the idea of better shocks and maybe progressive fork springs

Inch 'Allah.....

Try slackening off the chain

Every Triumph I have ever owned has always change gear better with a slacker than (factory) recommended chain tension
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    2017 BMW R Nine-T Scrambler X
    1996 BMW R80 GS Basic
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    1962 BSA Gold Flash
    2002 Triumph Bonneville (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2001 Yamaha T-Max Mk1

T100 - T120 Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nice 'n' Fat View Post
    Try slackening off the chain

Every Triumph I have ever owned has always change gear better with a slacker than (factory) recommended chain tension
    I might have a fiddle .

Meanwhile, leadfarmer, I even wrestled manfully with the Guzzi miles from the beaten track

Done about 1000 miles this week on my T120 to Ardennes and back .
    I’m pleased with the bike BUT why do Triumph still insist on fitting shit suspension to a Ł10k bike ?

I had a Triumph Scrambler in 2008 and that was the same and I remember fitting progressive fork springs and changing the rear shocks and this T120 is no better .

On smooth roads it’s fine but on anything else it kicks you out of the seat on occasion.

I know I can sort it for a few hundred quid but why should you have too ?

Shame ,as the motor is lovely,it’s comfy for long days in the saddle and I’ve been getting 220 miles to empty out of a tank,which is amazing as it’s only 14 litres !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast