K1100RS ABS question.

HarrisBikeNut

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought a 95 RS and it has the alternate flashing ABS lights issue. Using the genuine diagnostic tool gave me 7 blinks of the light suggesting the ABS unit is faulty. Further rooting around led me to find that the wires to the ABS switch on the handlebar crash pad were both broken at the base of the switch. Would this cause the ABS unit to appear faulty? I am assuming not as the switch is only for resetting the ABS (?).
Any members gave any thoughts on this?

Bob

From memory I had a similar issue, soldered the wires back on and it all worked.

Tom

Just bought a 95 RS and it has the alternate flashing ABS lights issue. Using the genuine diagnostic tool gave me 7 blinks of the light suggesting the ABS unit is faulty. Further rooting around led me to find that the wires to the ABS switch on the handlebar crash pad were both broken at the base of the switch. Would this cause the ABS unit to appear faulty? I am assuming not as the switch is only for resetting the ABS (?).
Any members gave any thoughts on this?

Bob

Should make any difference to the operation of the ABS unit, it should work as normal.

But you can't reset the unit if the reset button isn't working.

Back
Top Bottom