Lack of replies ???????

Not disimular to dogging really. Put your nose in, have a look and if you don't fancy it fuck off back to your comfort zone.

Do you think that maybe it could be because this is a GS site and not an RT site?

How many replies would you get if you posted up a RT question on the C90 forum?

That is a good point, Paul, which I'm forgetting though I'm presuming that the vast majority of readers to this section are RT owners. I certainly don't browse any other sections of this forum. Thank you.

I would look at the quality of the replys. If one looks at a post and makes a educated decision not to reply it speaks volumes. Does that sound like pure unadulterated shite? JJH

Another good point. Thank you for your point of view.

I suggest that those replies which are intended to be humorous ( see numer 2 for example) but in fact come across as ignorant, patronising or at times vulgar deter many members from posting

Perhaps some potential contributors think there is no point in replying when the response is going to be dismissive or piss taking

Replies like this are helpful and appreciated by the likes of myself. A considered reply. Thank you.

..... I'm presuming that the vast majority of readers to this section are RT owners. I certainly don't browse any other sections of this forum. Thank you.
In your opening post you mentioned 18,000 members, that maybe so but there may only be 20 here that ride RT's ;)

If you are interested in the analytics there is Canadian company ( I forget its name, maybe vertical scope / TorStar) that buys forums and then puts advertising all over the place and reuses members photos, etc. They publish the activity metrics when selling marketing and use a set when buying.

An example forum that was bought and the members left was called 'Yorkshire Divers'.

If you are interested in the analytics there is Canadian company ( I forget its name, maybe vertical scope / TorStar) that buys forums and then puts advertising all over the place and reuses members photos, etc
Vertical Scope have tried to buy this place on more than one occasion, they always get turned down ;)

They own 640 forum based sites, check out the bike sites they own here :eek:

Vertical Scope have tried to buy this place on more than one occasion, they always get turned down ;)

They own 640 forum based sites, check out the bike sites they own here :eek:

I was on Yorkshire divers when I got a message saying my photos and reviews were being used. The members all chipped in and set up the dive forum. The protest gesture was most people changed their user name to a number. :)

In your opening post you mentioned 18,000 members, that maybe so but there may only be 20 here that ride RT's ;)

You're right, which is why you can't take my comments too seriously though I would have thought there'd be more than 20. You would presume that it is fair to say that you wouldn't be browsing the RT section unless you owned one or were about to own one.

I've meet around 100 members of this forum face to face - I've formed solid friendships with around 15 - all of whom meet regulary and go on trips etc... 2 of these 15 friends have secrectly told me they have an RT .... As well as a GS/HD etc.... So I met 10% of all the RT owners on the site using BHT figures - but, if we take my sample group as representative (2 in 15) there should be 2,400 RT owners amongst the 18,000 members ( 18,000. / 15 to obtain numbers of friendship groups = 1,200 * 2 to represent 2 RT's per FG = 2,400)

The owners obviously like to keep their choice of motor sickle. quiet.......

does that mean we mustn't look at a thread without giving a suitable response.

One other point is that this site covers a multitude of marques and models whereas I suspect the C90 site is less diverse.

Should we declare what other vehicles we own to aid bored mathematicians

2 VW Polos
VW California
BMW R1200 GSA
Ducati Panigale 1199 ABS
Yamaha RD250D
Scott Metrix 18, sorry should I have included bicycles ?

Back
Top Bottom