Thread: Nextbase Ride Camera

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Nextbase Ride Camera

I have been given a Nextbase Ride Camera as a present. Has anyone overcome the problems that I have with it?

The mount to the bike is poor for security so I have looked at RAM mounts to be more secure but still security is an issue, I cannot leave the camera on the bike overnight, I have accepted that I will have to take it on and off as required.

The hard wire kit has an advantage over other cams that are battery operated only, however, to remove the camera I need to disconnect the lead from the camera, easy enough. Once disconnected the power lead is exposed to the elements, Nexbase do not make a blank cap for it. Apart from a bag and an elastic band, has anyone overcome this issue?

Nextbase technical teams answer is to look on amazon for a solution, I then emailed head office pointing out this design issue and said it could be easily sorted with a blank cap that screws onto the power lead probably for only a few pence, no reply.

opinionated, me? Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Yes, I had similar issues to yourself, and received similar replies! I threw away the mount that came with it, and replaced it with a proper ram mount. I take the power lead off and just hang it over the mount pointing to the floor.
    Mark
    Just when you've got this rat race licked, here come faster rats!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    This is what I have done........ http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...e-Ride-Dashcam

I made my own mount, but they can be purchased from here......... http://www.nippynormans.com/gps-acce...gs-lc-and-more

If you want to change the thumb buckle screw for a hex drive machine screw, it's a 1/4" UNC thread.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Quote Originally Posted by earthmover View Post
    Yes, I had similar issues to yourself, and received similar replies! I threw away the mount that came with it, and replaced it with a proper ram mount. I take the power lead off and just hang it over the mount pointing to the floor.
    Mark
    Any problems with corrosion?

Not yet!
    Mark

Is the camera still working for you? I have one and am having trouble with it saying 'SD card full' rather than just recording over the oldest data.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by gbmud View Post
    Is the camera still working for you? I have one and am having trouble with it saying 'SD card full' rather than just recording over the oldest data.

Chris
    My Chinese 'clone' camera suggests re-format card every month.
    Some cards don't like continual writing and over-writing, so re-format is a good idea.

Cheers. The problem will manifest within a couple of days riding, and expecting the user to reformat that often seems to defeat the point of 'looped' recording! Nextbase is a premium product and I was hoping for a seamless £200 experience rather than a (no offence, I think you have probably done better then me!) £15 eBay cheapie!

Thanks for the thought though.

Camera is presently with Nextbase, who cannot replicate the fault in their workshop. I plan to suggest they take it out on a bike!

Cheers

Chris

Sorry, missed earlier posts. Yes, my camera is still working perfectly. I did put a new SD card in it after recording an accident on it (not me, see "Ill fated Alps trip") which I didn't want to lose the footage. Never had the SD card full message, but I do format them regularly anyway on advice from a camera nerd. Hope you get yours sorted.
    Mark

I took my sd card off the bike to find that not all rides are videoed.

Anyone else have footage missing ?

Cure found ?

In light of the report on Amazon I have asked Nextbase for the camera to be returned so that I can get a refund.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post
    I took my sd card off the bike to find that not all rides are videoed.

Anyone else have footage missing ?

Cure found ?
    Have you noticed that there is a file for "locked" recordings?
    Mark

formating: When you format the card in a camera and it takes less than 30 seconds, it is not really formating. What it is doing is erasing the fat table, ie. the index, list of contents etc.

If you want to format it properly, place the memory card (may need an adapter) and place it in your computer. Select format from the computer, usually have the option of a deep or full format. This will take up 30 minutes depending on size and writes all over the memory space, checking for errors and recording them in its newly created fat/index table. This is the only way to ensure integrity of your memory card.