Dominator

Mark8303

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for input in case anyone has done the following:
About 7 years ago I bought my son one of the last registered Dommies with low miles and great condition. Whilst it has served him well it's lived outdoors, been dropped lightly (twice 😖) and is in a slightly sorry state but good mechanically. He has another bike, car & van now so has no real interest in the Honda. My thought is to do a flat/street tracker conversion after seeing some great looking pictures online. Has anyone here done such a thing? Importantly can it be done on a reasonable budget? Say £1500.

I've just started building one for a customer. They make a great basis for special.

This one isn't going to be a flat tracker though (I'm not really sure what it's going to be)

I think it'd be very tight @ £1500 unless you can source 2nd hand parts cheaply and do all the work yourself.

Never underestimate just how much goes into converting a bike so it's right.

Good luck :thumb

IMG_3154 (1) by tunneruk, on Flickr

Here you go, some nice ones for inspiration

Attachments

• Honda-Dominator.jpg
    Honda-Dominator.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Honda-Dominator- 2.jpg
    Honda-Dominator- 2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 308
  • honda dominator 5.jpg
    honda dominator 5.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 366
  • Honda dominator 4.jpg
    Honda dominator 4.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 311
  • honda dominator 3.jpg
    honda dominator 3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 308
I like the red one and the red and white one.

Ps. Chris, I still have the 5dc and it's still takes great shots :)
Am I right in thinking you're out of the 'fridge' game now? Full time bike builder perhaps?

Have you replaced the rear sub-frame or remodelled it in a lower position?

superb bikes , esp this in the pictures good luck with sale

I think the Dommie had a good shape just stripped down without chopping the frame up. I bought mine off here from Bones. I had a plan of turning it into a flat tracker but when I got it going had so much fun on it I just MOT'd it and left it as it is.
B5FF7CE1-2424-4178-8419-FD4B6846608E_zpsi8ojcjqg.jpg

I made the front mudguard out of the original and shaved the seat down a little.

Those finished projects are lovely and at least 2 of them were built by a guy who posts on xrv.org.uk. He does a fantastic job and the site is great for advise although there are not too many users so sometime it's a while before you get to the bottom of a problem.

They are great fun in standard trim I know but just have this itch! As I approach early (if the pennies stack up o.k.?) Retirement I would like a project. This would fit the bill (the donor bike is free!) and more importantly the garage.

Back
Top Bottom