Good service from Chipguard U.K.

AP11 LAD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good service deserves a mention so thanks to Steve at Chipguard. I purchased some protective film for my tank, on TB GSA. The ones he sent only cover part of the tank and when I told him he kindly offered to send out some full size ones to use foc.

FWIW - if any of you lot have the latest triple black GSA bikes be warned that the stickers that say GS on the tank sides scratch really easily from your knees and soon look unsightly. They must be protected and Chipguard are well worth a try.

Yep, I found out that they mark easily, but only by Rukka trousers. My jeans don't mark them. I've got some film from signaturecd, and my local vinyl company are putting it on for me, as I'm bloody uselsss!:D

Home made Wunderlich copies in clear for me :rob I know that Bahnstormers have sorted out a nice three piece set that covers all the contact points for £80 fitted.

Yep, I found out that they mark easily, but only by Rukka trousers. My jeans don't mark them. I've got some film from signaturecd, and my local vinyl company are putting it on for me, as I'm bloody uselsss!:D

What you need is Rukka Nivala trousers, leather patches to stop this happening!

I noticed this on my TB yesterday funnily enough, Klim Badlands

What was the difference between you're original pads he sent and the new foc ones ?

I noticed this on my TB yesterday funnily enough, Klim Badlands

What was the difference between you're original pads he sent and the new foc ones ?

First set wouldnt cover the whole area so asked for larger shaped pieces. Tank kit is £45 delivered and easy to fit

They seem to mark easy whatever you wear. I know others who's tanks have scuffed up. I wear rst which are not especially abrasive. Same trousers did 16500 miles in a year on my GS triple black and the paint was fine. There is very little lacquer applied over the stickers so scuff easy

I have a new triple black and the Rukka Nivala suit which is well worth the price tag and haven't noticed any scratches or marking from trousers. I've already fitted tank pad but be interested in protection film for tank sides. Just in case! I'd appreciate if someone could post some pictures up of Chipguards products.

See Fluffmeisters link in his post. Mine are exactly same looking

Me too although I got the side ones only, excellent stuff, stopped the scratching and even a wanker like me had no problem fitting it, just follow instructions and makes sure it's as wet as a prostitutes knickers so you can position it properly :D

Back
Top Bottom