1290 GT

yep They will drop, my info is there stacking up at the dealers, people ride the GT and the SA Adv S and they buy the SAS.? Do the maths, 3k will be there soon. IMHO.

Ktm killed there own sales, 2016 huge marketing than dealers got limited number of bikes for the year and when punters wanted one there wasn't any. 2017 ktm were enthusiastic with how many GT bikes they thought they would sell, however they had already missed the boat and the back fill got sent to the dealers meaning most had several bikes on the shop floor and now they can't shift because there's a new model in 2018 so there throwing the touring pack in the deal to shift bikes.

SAS and GT totally different beasts and there's no comparison, if you want a SAS you won't buy a GT and vice versa, whilst I wanted a SAS the wind buffering was terrible and no where as good as the GT and my GT is rapid and has been 100% reliable and no issues whatsoever, I was offered £11k for my GT last week if i traded it with the touring pack, tbh I expected £12k I'm very fussy so its totally immaculate and still looks like new.

So, what would you trade it for then Dave?

So, what would you trade it for then Dave?

I wanted a 1290sas and gear4 offered the deal but i was disappointed with the bike, I do like the new gs rallye but not sure I want to buy one again, I've just got an itch for a new bike.

I've shelved any bike purchases for this year after coming close to buying a Super Adventure S though that doesn't mean I won't have a sniff around the dealers late in the year to see if there are any decent deals to be made but it'd need to be a very good deal to tempt me to part with my ill gotten gains :D

Is that with cash off list too?

I'm trying not to be tempted, I really don't need another bike

Dave, its your fault!

Keep calm. They'll drop even more once the 2018 range is released and that's the time to go and negotiate on a 2017 bike :D

3500 miles on mine now. Would not change it for anything.
Saving money? Wait for another 10 years and buy second hand, tight wads.

Has anyone done a "write up" on the new 1290 GT ? Must admit I am sometimes tempted by the orange side and for something with a bit more spirit and pazzazz than my current reliable-but-zzzz-dull GS-LC.

Would like an SA_S but at my advancing age they're just too darn tall for me.

Would like an SA_S but at my advancing age they're just too darn tall for me.

No taller than a GS are they?

Much lighter as well, so all in all I would have thought an easier proposition....

...but if it is too tall try the Superduke instead.

No taller than a GS are they?

Much lighter as well, so all in all I would have thought an easier proposition....

...but if it is too tall try the Superduke instead.

My GS is taller than my 1290S. Both have the high seats.

Does your GS have the normal height or GSA height (enduro - sports what ever its now called) suspension.

Sport suspension, but the S isn't that tall, even with the PP single seat.

Nutty is right.

easy to ride i am only 5'8 and okay with PP seat, which by the way is a must comfort wise.

Sport suspension, but the S isn't that tall, even with the PP single seat.

I agree, I was just puzzled, you said your GS is higher 'comparison' I found the stock height GS and the SAS to be the same in height.

How "shorter" is the 1290 GT than the GS-LC ? It looks like a very nice shape/size from an rider's ergo viewpoint.

Back
Top Bottom