1290 GT

I bought a GT earlier this year and did just under 3,500 miles in 3 months. Great bike but it just didn't fit my ancient long legs. So I bought an SAS and love it. The engines and gearing are surpringly different. As standard the GT is geared too high so I followed Ding Dongs advice and lowered the gearing, far better.

So it doesn’t look like the 2018 GT has had the vagina headlight update !
No TFT screen either by the look of it . Will find out on Friday but I think the new Kwak H2 SX May be more appealing anyway.

71a68be9367ed8f97ae39af6b81ad233.jpg

77622012e45c29eff753c0be05436f2b.jpg

No change for 2018 then ! Oh well ,green it is then

That’s a real surprise.
Perhaps they have too many unsold bikes!

Anyway, should help anyone trying to sell a used one, knowning it hasn’t been updated.

That’s a real surprise.
Perhaps they have too many unsold bikes!

Anyway, should help anyone trying to sell a used one, knowning it hasn’t been updated.

KTM UK have asked on their Facebook page whether you prefer orange or black for the 2018 model.
I replied ........GREEN !!!

I tried one today but think I'll get locked up if I bought one. Great bike, totally bonkers and an amazing price

I tried one today but think I'll get locked up if I bought one. Great bike, totally bonkers and an amazing price

Had a go myself, but found it a little cramped otherwise I would of probably bought one, I just could not see a scenario where I would of hopped on the GT over my 1190 Adventure, especially as local riding tends to be (often bumpy) back lanes and the small dimensions would not suit me for longer trips. Even took the Mrs to have a look at it, but she was not so keen and would prefer a 1050 / 1090. But she also has long legs, I think the GT is best suited to those with inside leg measurements of 30" or less, we are both 34" plus.

Anyone slightly interested in GT or that style of bike would be mad not just to snap one up now, if you don't like it the chances are in the middle of next summer you would pretty much get your money back.

If they had half that discount on the 1290 Adventure I would have bought one, maybe the same would apply to a 1090 for the Mrs, or £5k off on any two adventures.

Had a go myself, but found it a little cramped otherwise I would of probably bought one, I just could not see a scenario where I would of hopped on the GT over my 1190 Adventure, especially as local riding tends to be (often bumpy) back lanes and the small dimensions would not suit me for longer trips. Even took the Mrs to have a look at it, but she was not so keen and would prefer a 1050 / 1090. But she also has long legs, I think the GT is best suited to those with inside leg measurements of 30" or less, we are both 34" plus.

Anyone slightly interested in GT or that style of bike would be mad not just to snap one up now, if you don't like it the chances are in the middle of next summer you would pretty much get your money back.

If they had half that discount on the 1290 Adventure I would have bought one, maybe the same would apply to a 1090 for the Mrs, or £5k off on any two adventures.

The 1090 is discounted to £9,999 although I’m unsure how much they are normally. I rode one when my 690 Duke was having a new fuel tank fitted. It was a nice bike and well made but had no excitement.

After riding the GT on Saturday albeit not for very long I decided not to buy it but it’s been nagging away at me today because it’s such a fantastic deal.

I may yet end up buying one tomorrow, god help my license if I do.

I know what you mean .... it's very tempting as the price of the 2018 bikes will be back up to full RRP once the pre-registered bikes have gone :blast

Inflation proof biking at its best :thumb

After riding the GT on Saturday albeit not for very long I decided not to buy it but it’s been nagging away at me today because it’s such a fantastic deal.

I feel your pain, if only it was on a bike I really wanted, I am OK now as I know even if I had it in my garage I would still take the adventure 99 times out of 100.

I know what you mean .... it's very tempting as the price of the 2018 bikes will be back up to full RRP once the pre-registered bikes have gone :blast

Inflation proof biking at its best :thumb

Absolutely! I had it as my No1 choice a year ago, but there didn’t seem to be any deals on pre-Euro4 bikes, and the £4K difference over an S1000XR was too much to ignore.

Very pleased with the XR, but the GT was a very seductive package, and at £11k........... A steal!!!!

Spoke to a dealer yesterday. They have stock to sell at the reduced price but there is a few dealer bikes that they cannot sell at that price. They will hold these back and sell it (at normal price) after the promotion ends.

but there is a few dealer bikes that they cannot sell at that price. They will hold these back and sell it (at normal price) after the promotion ends.

I wish them luck, by the time the cheap ones go the 2018's will be in stock, who will then want a 2017 model at full list / £5k over what they had been sold for earlier?

Back
Top Bottom