Rukka's ass fell oot

Bengaz

Reaction score
Hi Anyone had any problems with water soaking in ass of Rukka suit.
Suit is Armour X done about 40'000 miles in about 6 years.
Seems to be retaining water and seeping in.
Any way to re-waterproof or is it new panels need stitching/repaired in thanks.

My Armas trousers have done 1500 miles, 12 days and the seams have fallen apart, material frayed and letting one water. Piece of expensive crap with warranty not worth a bean.

My Armas trousers have done 1500 miles, 12 days and the seams have fallen apart, material frayed and letting one water. Piece of expensive crap with warranty not worth a bean.

sorry to hear that. That is what I have ArmaS not X doh!
Must say mine haven't had easy life but have never torn.
Thought the 5 year warranty was " no quibble"?

sorry to hear that. That is what I have ArmaS not X doh!
Must say mine haven't had easy life but have never torn.
Thought the 5 year warranty was " no quibble"?

The warranty is worth feck all. Less than 12 months old and they say my fault. I have 2 pairs 1 pair has been perfect, 1 pair fell apart and Rukka but interested. Dont factor in any warranty if buying.

Strange, after 6 months the cuff zip broke on my Arma-s. 6 weeks to repair and replacement jacket, in fetching green, whilst it was away.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Had nothing but problems with the Rukka jacket so sold it on ebay. The early versions lasted years and still waterproof so must be cutting quality these days like alot of others. Still have the trousers which need re proofing though

Had nothing but problems with the Rukka jacket so sold it on ebay. The early versions lasted years and still waterproof so must be cutting quality these days like alot of others. Still have the trousers which need re proofing though

Exactly Mike
I have an original Goretex Rukka suit from 20 years ago, made in Finland

Only occasional use now - but still waterproof and nothing has broken and it has covered 1000's of miles over the years

I doubt I would buy modem Rukka & Klim would interest me more

Forgot to say the zip fell off in the first week, the repair took 6 weeks and doesn't look robust enough to be firmed pulled.

I will never buy Rukka again.

We seem to be getting more threads on the now questionable quality of Rukka. I bought a pair of gloves, about £160 if memory serves, and within one year the stitching failed on the palm of one glove. Rukka (or their distributor in the UK) refused a warranty replacement claiming I'd had an accident in the and it was impact damage. I won't be buying Rukka again either.

ArmaS is Pro-Shell and I believe once it is worn out; it's scrap. No point Nikwaxing, it won't do anything, in fact I would think the Pro-shell covering will repel the Nikwax. Nikwax is for the outer part of Perfomance Shell and could help by reducing soak. I have two Rukka Performance Shell suits and rate them highly. I use Smart Riders in Christchurch and Chris is brilliant and has a great relationship with Trans Am (I have had no problem with a repair to my trousers - my fault but free fix and with Daytona Boot re-furb).

Words From Infinity Motorcycles

Outer Jacket: Rukka Gore-Tex Pro Shell
The Rukka ARMAS jacket outer is a 3 Layer laminate.

Machine Washable
Rukka ARMAS jackets and trousers are machine washable. Machine wash on fine wash programme at 30-40°C with normal fine washing powder without soft rinse agent. Rinse thoroughly. Put only one jacket at a time in the machine. Remove protectors before washing. Iron at low temperature (no. 1 setting), but not the reflective areas. Do not dry clean,tumble dry at low temperature (max 55°C) one item at time (This also restores the outer water repellency).

ArmaS is Pro-Shell and I believe once it is worn out; it's scrap. No point Nikwaxing, it won't do anything, in fact I would think the Pro-shell covering will repel the Nikwax. Nikwax is for the outer part of Perfomance Shell and could help by reducing soak. I have two Rukka Performance Shell suits and rate them highly. I use Smart Riders in Christchurch and Chris is brilliant and has a great relationship with Trans Am (I have had no problem with a repair to my trousers - my fault but free fix and with Daytona Boot re-furb).

By way of balance and counter to your positive comment.. Trans Am are the people that said no to my falling apart trousers being repaired under warranty.

I use Smart Riders in Christchurch and Chris is brilliant and has a great relationship with Trans Am (I have had no problem with a repair to my trousers - my fault but free fix and with Daytona Boot re-furb).

Out of interest, have any of your dealings with Trans Am via Chris been since his store became part of Infinity Motorcycles?

The warranty is worth feck all. Less than 12 months old and they say my fault. I have 2 pairs 1 pair has been perfect, 1 pair fell apart and Rukka but interested. Dont factor in any warranty if buying.

Why, precisely, did they decline after 12 months?

Pictures please, so that the court of UKGSer can adjudicate on the validity of your complaint. It's decision will be binding as enshrined in the Biker Bond.

Out of interest, have any of your dealings with Trans Am via Chris been since his store became part of Infinity Motorcycles?

Yes - for my Boot re-furb. Seemed exactly the same process. Chris (or his team) inspect the item and give you a price and then send it to Trans Am to forward to Daytona. Boots came back in about 4 weeks AFAIR.

For me, there are 2 brands that have, historically, stood head & shoulders above the rest - Rukka and Klim.

I had a feel of some of the Rukka gear at the bike show last week, and I was not overly impressed, especially with the prices. The overall impression I got was apart from the Rukka badge, they could have been from any biker brand. Nothing about the quality or the design stood out.

I believe there was some Klim gear there as well but I never spotted it, but I have some myself and it ticks all the boxes for me, in design/quality.

D.

Back
Top Bottom