A Guzzi Convert winter refresh project...

I'm hoping to have a look at one of these next week. I'm told it's in very good condition, but as I know very little about old Guzzis (or modern ones come to that), what potential pitfalls specific to this machine should I look out for?

I'm hoping to have a look at one of these next week. I'm told it's in very good condition, but as I know very little about old Guzzis (or modern ones come to that), what potential pitfalls specific to this machine should I look out for?

Noisy driveshaft universal joint, switch gear, oil leaks, brakes especially if it's low miles, because they could be original pads,check it goes into high and low range, they are pretty tough though.

I would love to have a spin on one of these , just for the experience .
You really need to take it for a spin , then what you find fault with it , deduct from the price .
These Seem to be Hoovering at about £2500 - £3500 for useable Machines , there arent really that many pitfalls on these
very straightforward to work at ,, they really are , even i work on my own ! ... That tells you a lot.
If you were to ask ,, what is the biggest woe these bikes have ,, for me ,,it has to be the electrickery , the devils own work !.
The last Guzzi i was working on i couldnt find a wiring diagram to match the bike . Iirc i had to work off a couple of Diagrams , but i
eventually got there .
Lovely simple bikes , that give back as much satisfaction as you ever get from working on a machine .

Cracking job you've done of bringing it back up. Can I ask how you got the finning on the barrels polished up? Never that easy a job, my T3 barrels always seem to be lightly furred up after a winter in the garage..

Cracking job you've done of bringing it back up. Can I ask how you got the finning on the barrels polished up? Never that easy a job, my T3 barrels always seem to be lightly furred up after a winter in the garage..

I use " Rub N Buff " via eBay — listing no 351755687966

But loads of listings, way cheaper in the States if you know anybody out there.. ;)

At the Guzzi Factory museum yesterday..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1504909164457.jpg
    FB_IMG_1504909164457.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 295
  • FB_IMG_1504909173756.jpg
    FB_IMG_1504909173756.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 265
Went for a short spin on the Convert and after some deliberation I agreed to buy the bike! I won't actually have it for a couple of weeks though.
Steep learning curve then in the foibles of Guzzis and getting used to the transmission etc - all part of the fun.

Back
Top Bottom