Anybody got a S1000r

Going to test ride a s1000r next week
    Anybody got one ?
    Thanks

Mike
    Our holiday apartment for rental - tossers especially welcome
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p492008

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    N.E Scotland / Middle of the sand pit....
    My mate had one when they came out. He loved it but said it was brutal at anything over 80 due to the lack of protection / fairings.
    Leasky

Thanks, We may have to look at a touring screen

Try an XR at the same time.

when I test rode my XR a mate took out the S1000R, as has been said above he though it a cracking bike, loads more low and mid range grunt than the MT 10 he'd tried the week before. Also the buffeting was a problem for him too though I believe there are aftermarket screens available to help with that.
    "aint never not made it yet....."
    https://trevsfleet.wordpress.com/

Thanks all,

test rode the xr last year did not like the vibrations coming through the seat and pegs.

Mike

Mike, If you haven't tried one before you should take a test ride on a Speed Triple (if you've got a Triumph dealer over there). It's a fabulous naked bike with loads of character and the new models have all the trimmings you'll probably never need or want! I have taken a test ride on the S1000R and I owned a Speed Triple for a couple of years and know which one would do it for me. Doesn't answer the question you asked but hey ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Jr View Post
    when I test rode my XR a mate took out the S1000R, as has been said above he though it a cracking bike, loads more low and mid range grunt than the MT 10 he'd tried the week before. Also the buffeting was a problem for him too though I believe there are aftermarket screens available to help with that.
    But the MT10 has a much nicer motor with that cross-plane engine.

Try one,great bikes !!!

And see here

My hypermotard is a riot and very comfy for tall riders. It has a short screen I can't say I've noticed any buffeting. It does about 50-60 mpg, it won't be as fast as the beemer but it's got a lot of character n some trick bits on the SP version. Not a two up bike though.

I've had an S1000XR, great bike but not one I bonded with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I had one for five months in between Gs's. I liken it to a holiday romance with a stripper, great fun and a wild ride with features you don't normally get, lithe and supple - eventually you just want to go home for some meat pie and missionary position though.

Something to bear in mind is that I believe they are designed for an 85 kg rider, so if you're Tosser sized you might want some adaptations to the forks. I didn't handle as well as my GSA for me and wondered whether all that force on the suspension plus my 17 stone crawling all over her upset the relationship. Mines still at the dealers since October sometimes I fantasise about going out with her again.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers100 View Post
    I had one for five months in between Gs's. I liken it to a holiday romance with a stripper, great fun and a wild ride with features you don't normally get, lithe and supple - eventually you just want to go home for some meat pie and missionary position though.

Something to bear in mind is that I believe they are designed for an 85 kg rider, so if you're Tosser sized you might want some adaptations to the forks. I didn't handle as well as my GSA for me and wondered whether all that force on the suspension plus my 17 stone crawling all over her upset the relationship. Mines still at the dealers since October sometimes I fantasise about going out with her again.........
    Haha good analogy that, I just prefer the boxer twin and the GS suits me better for touring , I'm getting a GSA this weekend. I'm 95kg so about 15 stone and I found the XR suspension spot on it handled great.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Mike View Post
    Thanks all,

test rode the xr last year did not like the vibrations coming through the seat and pegs.

Mike
    I was out at the weekend on my new 2017 XR getting in some "running in" miles - didn't notice any vibrations at all!
    No idea if things have changed significantly with the new model, but I genuinely didn't notice anything untoward. I think I got more finger tingling from my old ZX6 track bikes than the XR!

I would try a new one before making any decision

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    But the MT10 has a much nicer motor with that cross-plane engine.

Try one,great bikes !!!

Haven't tried one, it was a mate who was going through a ton of test rides trying to decide. What he really wanted was a new tuono vee-twin to replace his current gen II.

MT10 disappointed him, s1000r didn't do it either to be fair.

I stopped looking as soon as I tried the XR as I was smitten

Horses for courses, would be boring if we were all the same!
    "aint never not made it yet....."
    https://trevsfleet.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers100 View Post

����������
    85kg, may have to eat a few more pies ��

Many thanks for all the input
    I have a very good dealer so will keep with bmw.
    I just want to start my mid life crisis and have some fun 😆
    Looking forward to the test ride, shame the high passes are still closed.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast