Principle Insurance

LOL.
An HP2 Sport and an older GSA 1200.

Insuring the HP2 if you don't have a lock-up in London is a bitch.

Insurances think that this:
Garage%20Annvera%20House.jpg

is safer (and more available in London) than this:
timthumb.php

Most insurers won't cover the bike in London if you only have a residential car park, etc. etc. They want you to be the only person to have access to the parking space, etc. etc.. I call everyone every year at renewal normally.
I was stuck with BMW/Devitts, till now apparently.

Then not only do you owe me a pint, you owe me a pint at London rates, which I'm guessing is somewhere in a the region of £7 to £12. But I'll settle for £10 :D

I recently had my bike stolen and just been through lengthy process (hours!) sorting out price for new insurance - the increase in cost is three times higher if I store the bike in a secure basement compound with 2 external security gates, additional internal security gate to basement, cctv and manned patrols than keeping in the road outside my home address !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be unlucky, Principal couldn't beat a two bike policy (02 GSA and 02 RT) renewal quote from Carol Nash :nenau :comfort

Very nice to deal with though and tried their best

Just tried them, Bikesure want £185.99 for next year, best from Principal £183.20.

Not worth changing but one thing I don't like about Bikesure is their holding card details and taking the premium up to five days before the insurance expires, I did not agree to automatic renewal at any time that I can recall.

Renewal notice dated 11/5/17 received today the 15th thats 3days searching lost.

Been with them a year Big Bear, renewal came in and it was tenner more than last year, so all good.

Now with Ageas with them, there is a weird garage policy, in that if the bike is at home, it must be locked in the garage or its not covered, the same within half a mile of the house. No extra excess, just no cover for theft, malicious damage or attempted theft. So don't leave your bike on the drive for long :) Principle are only a broker the same as the rest.

this is a PITA - one bike is insured with Ageas and has this clause, the other with MCE which has an increased excess

Sainsbury's is less than half a mile away, so if I nip in for a litre of gin on the way home and the bike goes missing...

One year on and Principles renewal jumped from £155 to £265.

So Ive gone with Bikesure who despite always being very expensive in previous years have quoted me £174 this time :thumb

Sainsbury's is less than half a mile away, so if I nip in for a litre of gin on the way home and the bike goes missing...

It’ll be covered. Don’t worry about it. Just don’t leave it hanging around outside your house whilst you, “Just nip in for a coffee, oh look there’s something on the TV, my word this interesting, I’ll just set the recorder, no wait a minute this is really good, I’ll just pause it whilst I take my gear off, the bike will be alright, that’s better... my that was a good programme, I might as well have lunch now.... um, good, now a short kip.... blimey is that the time better put my awsome steed away, crikey it’s dark out here.... bloody hell some cnut’s nicked my awsome, wankers!”

I was with them for 1.5 years nothing but excellent service, even when I cancelled one of my bikes policy as I sold it. They refunded the money very quickly. Only reason I have moved this year, is IAM Surety were cheaper. Now with Ageas with them, there is a weird garage policy, in that if the bike is at home, it must be locked in the garage or its not covered, the same within half a mile of the house. No extra excess, just no cover for theft, malicious damage or attempted theft. So don't leave your bike on the drive for long :) Principle are only a broker the same as the rest.

Yeah I used to be with IAM Surety for a few years & I remember that ridiculous condition - then they got greedy with the renewal premiums too & that was the last they saw of me ! Got a much better deal with www.bemoto.uk
as recommended on here, also got cover for a Hilltop remap (not had it done yet mind).

Same with me, was with IAM, switched to Principle, now with BeMoto. Certainly doesn't pay to auto-renew.

Back
Top Bottom