Which motobatt for a twincam GSA?

This is from my previous thread :

My Motobatt MBYZ16H Battery arrived from M&P today on time via DPD the battery is 25mm taller than the original Yuasa YTZ 14S MF BMW part No 61 21-7 708 614, anyway after a bit of head scratching I found out there is a 25mm or so battery spacer at the bottom of the battery tray, once removed the battery was a perfect fit and now the bike starts up fine now

This is from my previous thread :

My Motobatt MBYZ16H Battery arrived from M&P today on time via DPD the battery is 25mm taller than the original Yuasa YTZ 14S MF BMW part No 61 21-7 708 614, anyway after a bit of head scratching I found out there is a 25mm or so battery spacer at the bottom of the battery tray, once removed the battery was a perfect fit and now the bike starts up fine now

Good call :thumb2
Mine will be arriving tomorrow.

Great ... thanks for the link ... ordered ... just got to get money out off SWMBO :blast

You wish ;)

i pay my SWMBO's mobile bill every month ( i get a big discount for having her on the account)...

Dont worry says she, I'll pay you every month... 12 months in and I'm still waiting lol

Write it off, it's not worth the hassle

Mart :)

Mines a few years old and I was wondering about this only today, will also order a Motobatt MBYZ16H.

A lot of people ordering these - hope mine fits when it arrives :D

Just arrived.
It's the black version (probably as it's a Harley fitment and yellow isn't badass enough).

As people in this thread advised, it popped into place fine after removing the spacer (why would BMW fit a little battery when there's the space for a bigger one?). A bit more of a wrestle than the OEM battery as it won't rock as far due to the added length.

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_20170324_111130.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20170324_111130.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 398
  • LRM_EXPORT_20170324_111142.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20170324_111142.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 382
  • LRM_EXPORT_20170324_111228.jpg
    LRM_EXPORT_20170324_111228.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 379
Did it go between the little side locators ok?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fitted a 16HD to my 56 GSA today too. Fitted fine. My only complaint is they only supply 4 screws and 4 terminals. Needs an extra 2 terminal screws I reckon.

I'm aware this thread is focused on twin cams, should this battery fit a 2006 Adventure?

Yes, just fitted one to mine today. The TC has a smaller battery with a wedge underneath it for some reason but has same size battery tray as a 2006 I believe.

Just arrived.
It's the black version (probably as it's a Harley fitment and yellow isn't badass enough).

As people in this thread advised, it popped into place fine after removing the spacer (why would BMW fit a little battery when there's the space for a bigger one?). A bit more of a wrestle than the OEM battery as it won't rock as far due to the added length.

Well done sir, a really useful and helpfull post, thanks for taking the time. :beerjug::thumb:thumb

Should make this along with your photos a sticky somewhere

Advice appreciated. Have just bought an MBYZ16HD (240CCA/16.5Ah) from local shop (£60) to fit to my 2004 GS as its usefully more powerful than the failing existing YUASA (200CCA/12Ah) for same ish size and price. BUT have just noticed the new battery is engraved / stamped 101115 which i guess is the date of manufacture ~ any collective advice (eg its old stock get your £ back)?? Also, does anybody know what the thread is in the bolt on terminals?? Thanks!!!

A length of seat belt type webbing into the battery box under the battery makes it easier to pull the battery out when the time comes. Always assuming the battery isn't a perfect fit into it's box.
Thread is probably M6.

A length of seat belt type webbing into the battery box under the battery makes it easier to pull the battery out when the time comes. Always assuming the battery isn't a perfect fit into it's box.
Thread is probably M6.

That's a good idea. I had to modify, i.e. bend, the retaining strap as the Motobatt is slightly taller. Easily done.

Back
Top Bottom