Iphone music on Navigator VI

Thanks.

Half a success, i think.

I can get it to play one album, which I seem to have to select from the phone.

The browse is slow to load the songs list and is staying greyed out.

The volume button is greyed out.

The back button and forward buttons are greyed out but seem to work.

The play > button is greyed out abut does work in play and pause mode..... oops, it's very unstable..... it freezes, I then have to switch out of iPhone mode into Bluetooth and then back into iPhone to unfreeze it..... now it's working again.

The elapsed time of the track being played sees to have frozen.... now it's working.... now it's frozen again.

The large square box that shows the track name, the artist and the album's name is greyed out. It shows for example that there are 31 tracks on the album but has frozen on whatever track it was that was first played..... oops..... now it's working.... now it's frozen again.

Album art seems to be reliable.... oops no it doesn't..... now it is.... now it isn't.. It's sticking to whatever album was played last, unless i turn the device off and then on again.

I can switch between albums very quickly by using my iPhone but I cannot do it from within the device, i guess because the music data is not yet there?

The device has turned itself off several, requiring a manual restart. This is possibly because I am running it indoors perhaps but it's not the regular two minute turn off function.

Anyway, you have definitely moved things forward, thank you. From all this I am coming to the conclusion that a lot of the problems seem to revolve around the 'Browse' function and its slow speed of the transfer of music data from the iPhone (Apple device) into the GPS device.

Thanks.

Half a success, i think.

I can get it to play one album, which I seem to have to select from the phone.

The browse is slow to load the songs list and is staying greyed out.

The volume button is greyed out.

The back button and forward buttons are greyed out but seem to work.

The play > button is greyed out abut does work in play and pause mode..... oops, it's very unstable..... it freezes, I then have to switch out of iPhone mode into Bluetooth and then back into iPhone to unfreeze it..... now it's working again.

The elapsed time of the track being played sees to have frozen.... now it's working.... now it's frozen again.

The large square box that shows the track name, the artist and the album's name is greyed out. It shows for example that there are 31 tracks on the album but has frozen on whatever track it was that was first played..... oops..... now it's working.... now it's frozen again.

Album art seems to be reliable.... oops no it doesn't..... now it is.... now it isn't.. It's sticking to whatever album was played last, unless i turn the device off and then on again.

I can switch between albums very quickly by using my iPhone but I cannot do it from within the device, i guess because the music data is not yet there?

The device has turned itself off several, requiring a manual restart. This is possibly because I am running it indoors perhaps but it's not the regular two minute turn off function.

Anyway, you have definitely moved things forward, thank you. From all this I am coming to the conclusion that a lot of the problems seem to revolve around the 'Browse' function and its slow speed of the transfer of music data from the iPhone (Apple device) into the GPS device.

You'll soon be able to hoon along on your awesome steed bikermate with tunes playing to your hearts content :D

I have even tried a soft reset on the unit (Hold On/Off button for 8-10 secs) and the whole system jumps back into life.

All music functions working fine. Apple music that is, I haven't tested Spotify.

My one gripe is the inability of the wheel (that turny thing on the land hand of the handlebars) to do anything at all in the music department. apart from scroll to it and away from it.

Garmin even sent a reply

Dear Billy,
Thank you for feedback. I appreciate your help with this device and this information has been passed on to the reliant parties.
Kind regards,
Kyle
Garmin Europe
AOL users: Please select all text in previous emails before replying to this one

Smartphone link seems to have a life of its own, showing itself as connected in the bluetooth settings front page when it isn't. God knows what useful function it serves, if any.

It's only of any use if you have bought the smartphone App from the Apple store £16.99 at the time , shows the weather etc on your GPS

A little off topic gents but are the Zumo 595 and the Nav 6 comparable and share exactly the same features?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDCard music

I currently have a Garmin Zumo 660 that i have had for a number of years and am about to trade up to the Navigator 6! If I want to just transferr my SD card with Music from my old 660 into the Nav 6 will it show and play the tunes like my old 660 did ? i like my music but cannot be bothered with the hassles of spotify and trying to stream music as it appears from this thread to be a pain in the ******

Yes the music will work as it did on the 660 , from your SD card .

I have just bought a new RT complete with a Navigator VI......... I have a Sena 20S connected to the Nav VI and my Samsung Galaxy S6 to the Nav VI too, using the Satnav as the hub.

I have only had it for less than a week so I am still getting used to all the settings etc.

However when i was streaming the music from Deezer, I could hear it fine but there was no Album Artwork showing on the Satnav and the FF buttons etc were greyed out. I could change to the next track using my phone but not via the satnav. My thoughts were that maybe an iphone was maybe more compatable but now I am not so sure??

My phone is due an upgrade this week and I was going to maybe get an iphone as on the satnav music source screen, iphones get their own button so I thought it maybe was a better link but maybe not???

What is the latest update regarding streaming music?

Is an iphone a better option than android?

Advice appreciated.

Keith

quite a few use spotify to stream music to the nav...there seems to have been some success with this .it should work thought iPhone or android.

If all connected properly you should be all the change tracks via the wheel on the bike .

only way to get the album art and streaming controls to work are to first
play either music from your iphone or spotify
then put on your streaming app we use tunein radio
this then works fine with the album art working and full controls,
We've spoken to tunein about it, it appears to be an app issue with the iphone and not garmin
I wish bmw had included the spotify app on the nav6
Also does anyone think that the quality of bluetooth streaming is poor.?

A little off topic gents but are the Zumo 595 and the Nav 6 comparable and share exactly the same features?

Yes. I've owned both. Obv the VI is the only one to work with the bikes built in features.

Yes. I've owned both. Obv the VI is the only one to work with the bikes built in features.

Thanks stevekdavis! Besides the BMW features and physical difference, should I assume that they are both exactly same?

On the music source screen. I phones connect other than Bluetooth....... what sort of connection is that and is it better than Bluetooth?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

spotify and a samsung and nav 6 and interphone sport all work perfectly for me

Can you use the jog wheel to change tracks? ....and if so, I am assuming you pair phone to nav and sena to nav?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom