Iphone music on Navigator VI

Music through the nav 6 is shit.

Everything else is great, screen, bike integration etc etc even the phone function

Last edited by a moderator:
From Garmin

Dear Andy,

The issue you are referring to is something that we are aware of and are working hard towards a resolution, however, we do not have a timeframe for this to be completed as yet.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Garmin Europe

A slight thread resurrection, mine was perfect, controlling from the Nav 6 and Jog wheel, it then I installed iOS11.

I wonder if anyone else has tried with iOS11 beta, but it went back to the "downloading from apple device" to " failed to communicate with device".

Apple have changed the file system for iOS in 11 so possibly this is the culprit?

I rolled my iPhone 7 back to iOS 10.3 last night and the Garmin, the iPhone and the Intercom are all perfectly aligned again, with album artwork, browse function etc all restored.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has suffered this, and obviously iOS 11 is in beta, but are Garmin on the case because I can imagine a firmware update on the Nav 6 being needed.

How have you paired your set up I have nav 6 iphone7 and scala Qz and do you think I can get it to work it’s driving me nuts

I have a UClear HBC100Plus as an intercom and it’s paired, Nav 6 to iPhone 7, and Nav 6 to HBC, I always start the intercom first, and everything hooks up perfectly.

where are you in cheshire would it be possible to meet to to check out a fews things with you

I updated my 7+ to iOS 11.01 this week but haven’t connected it to the nav6 yet, will do tomorrow when it goes in for a service. I’m sure there will be an update for it if there is an issue.

where are you in cheshire would it be possible to meet to to check out a fews things with you

I’m in Warrington mate, didn’t we meet up at Chester Motorrad a few weeks ago? K1600 stuff?

Happy to meet up and run through a few bits n bobs

I’m in Warrington mate, didn’t we meet up at Chester Motorrad a few weeks ago? K1600 stuff?

Happy to meet up and run through a few bits n bobs

yes i think so you were buying a new gs yes next week tue /wed /thursday good for me

i have now paired another headset and something so have asked if i can exchange it for another unit

I updated my 7+ to iOS 11.01 this week but haven’t connected it to the nav6 yet, will do tomorrow when it goes in for a service. I’m sure there will be an update for it if there is an issue.
I have and it's no different than before

That’s good news. Couldn’t see why it would be as it’s only a BT connection

Tried mine today and it seemed to take ages to upload from phone to nav, pressed play on the phone and it played ok, I normally play mp3 files off the sdcard.

Since the update on iPhone to ios11. I can play music from the phone , jump forwards and backwards sometimes I can easy see the track cover picture . However I can’t browse my phone from the GPS .

4.70 on nav 6 I wonder if we will ever get any attention ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine has packed in again, no music access from the Nav Vl but all plays fine from the phone.

I’ve got a Support case open with Garmin. It so far all they have said is do a factory reset, which is already done to no effect.

Go into settings then Bluetooth and make sure everything is connected

Back
Top Bottom