Iphone music on Navigator VI

Harmon have just mailed me and asked me to upgrade to iOS 11.1 as that’s just been released and they seem tho think it will fix the bugs. I can’t test it until tomorrow as I’m away working but will report back.

“We have an update on this issue.

Can you please update to iOS 11.1 as it was just released and seems to correct the issues seen with Smartphone Link.

Can you please try this and report back with the results?

Many thanks.”

can confirm makes no difference still not connecting exactly as before so where they get "seems to correct the issues seen with smartphone link " a bit baffling

Well I had a dialogue with Garmin support, I’ve done everything they asked and sent them several logs from the Nav 6, despite the smartlink upgrade it still drops out, and refuses to browse music anymore, the iPhone is upgraded to iOS 11.1.2 as suggested and now they have just gone silent for the last 10 days.

Nice screen but other than that a bag of spanners compared to the V.

May give Cotswold a call to return / replace it as I’m just not getting anywhere with Garmin despite a month of open dialogue.

Couple of riders at Bowkers yesterday asking for refunds on the nav 6. Starting had issues with this that and the other, not sure what the outcome was

Change History
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.90:

* Allow the media player to be accessed on all motorcycles, including models with a radio (GT, GTL, GTLE, RT)
* Added the option to erase all personal user data from device
* Allow the streaming of album cover art
* Fixed issue with Indexing music from certain iOS devices
* Fixed freeze caused by connection to certain iOS devices
* Fixed issue where the Automatic Skip Waypoint feature would skip all remaining points in a route
* Fixed issue where Smartphone Link! would not reconnect after a quick power cycle of the motorcycle
* Fixed an issue where the use of Pandora or Spotify triggered the BMW Motorrad Communication system to go into intercom mode
* Improved call quality when communication with iOS devices
* Improved Round Trip routing behavior with Toll Road avoidances
* Improved Automatic display brightness when the Navigator is installed on compatible motorcycles
* Improved Bluetooth connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just done mine, quite a small update really, haven't tried it yet so time will tell.

4.90 update

I have updated mine and the music and smartlink worked as expected.

Over 2000 tracks of music and in a minute all were indexed.

I think we should stop posting now and have started a new thread to share our update experiences

Skipper

OK folks, I'm actually speaking to someone at Garmin who knows what they are doing and I've been doing some logging for them and returned the data back to Garmin for analysis. Just for anyone else experiencing the problems here's the procedure to get the logging information Garmin will need to help you out.

Dear Tony,

I am contacting you in regards to your case.
To assist you with the problems you are experiencing with Bluetooth, we will need to gather Bluetooth logs for your device. You may use the following directions to record the logs. This allows us to determine the cause of the problem. Before following through the steps below, please ensure that the affected devices are not currently paired.
Please start with the iPhone unpaired from the BMW NAV VI
To record Bluetooth logs:
1. Touch the Volume button on the main menu
2. Touch and hold the upper-right corner of the volume screen
3. When the screen changes (between 5-10 seconds), touch Diagnostic Logging
4. Touch Start Recording
o Touch General on some devices before this step
1. Place a check mark next to BIN or binary by touching the box
2. Place a check mark next to Bluetooth by touching the box
3. Touch the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner
4. Touch Start
o You should be taken to the map screen once this step is completed
Next, pair the device to your cell phone and/or headset (pairing with a headset is only available on certain devices). Use the device as you have been for media, testing the various Bluetooth functions you are experiencing trouble with.
Wait 5 minutes (verify that media is still not browseable)
Once you’ve recorded the logs, touch the Stop button on the left-hand side of the map screen and hold the back arrow until the main menu displays.
Next, please reply to this email and attach the log files. You can find the log files by following these steps:
1. Connect the device to your computer
2. Open the Garmin drive once the device is recognized
o This drive will appear either in Computer or My Computer (Windows) or on the Desktop (Mac)
1. Open the Logs folder
o If you’re using a Windows computer, you may have to open the Internal Storage item before this step
1. Open the bin folder
2. Please attach all files within this folder to your email reply
Once we have the Bluetooth logs we’ll research the issue further. Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.

One thing I've seen with looking at some of the System Logs myself is there are a lot of Application Crashes within the Garmin itself, which could account for it just going mute on me whenever it feels like it, so I've sent the Syslogs to Garmin to. There's something not right about the Nav VI, possibly a combination of things as it used to work fine on iOS 10.3, but even reverting to that yields nothing positive. There is either something corrupt, a file on the Garmin somewhere, or the unit itself may be faulty. My money is on some kind of File or System corruption somewhere, which is odd as I've done a full hard reset on mine several times now and tried it with no routes imported or additional GPX files, and I've stripped all the music from my iPhone leaving only one album to try and browse.

I'll update as and when I hear back from Garmin folks.

I sent them these logs for about 6 months and all they came back with was pair the devices again. That was after me having to harass them for updates.

Garmin support completely sucks

I can remember having similar issues with my Montana, god knows how many updates that had. They seem to wait until there is enough reports or complaints then release an update, updates for the Montana where virtually every month at one point but I suppose there is a lot more Montana’s out there than Nav VI so it takes longer for them to react, not good for us VI users but it’s the way of the world, how shouts the most and loudest and all that.

Works perfect for me with latest Garmin Software update (4.90) and iPhoneX running iOS 11.2. Job done....if a little late...

Hi All

Im Tim from Johannesburg South Africa, this is my first post. I have had the same issues as everyone else until updating the Nav 6 to 4.90. Now everything works fine and songs appear from streaming on the iPhone but the problem is i can't use the buttons on the gps to play, pause or skip songs, anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance and regards. P.S. everything is updated to the latest software versions.....

Back
Top Bottom