Iphone music on Navigator VI

skipper

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I can get the music to play and it shows the current track along with the cover.

I can't browse my albums or playlists, I have tried Apple music and Spotify.

Apple tells me its still downloading and Spotify just shows blank.

This was of my main reasons for upgrading ..... Anyone tell me if I am missing a switch?

Skipper

I know this is no help but I have exactly the same problems,,,,,,and I changed from a V for that same reason.....

Have you updated the Nav VI guys? I'm running firmware 4.70 as I found a few updates available upon mine landing.

I get this in a quick bench test connected to iPhone Spotify / Nav VI / UClear HBC 100 plus

Nav VI Music source
328a22557449c29ca55dd1a423f6c7e8.jpg

Spotify Screen on iPhone
f84cdf0c6a2a178e78f544f9e3f0243b.jpg

Nav VI playing track
9c0daf9c197d00e7244effbd54909f7e.jpg

PS it took an age saying it was downloading, but then just pinged into life.

What happens when you press the browse button????

And when you restart it does it go through the same long period of syncing ?

I haven't got that far yet I've not had chance to use it in anger. Have you updated though?

Yes 4.7 . I left apple connected yesterday for nearly 2 hours and no list ... then deleted apple app and tried Spotify and after an hour all lists were blank .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hard Reset

Hard reset on the unit cured the playlist and album problem , well at least only tested on apple music.

It does not appear to like to many titles in the list

A bit of a pain but its working.

No it's not .... not sure if a limit has been set on the number of music files it can handle.

It just hangs ..... plays music but won't allow you to browse

I currently have 1600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope that another reset wont repeat issue with iphone dropping out and will synch music. Be interesting to know how much music it copies over. I was expecting it to buffer and stream like other devices.....which I guess its doing....but how many is it buffering ?!

Just as an experiment I connected the device to my iPhone 6 and left it syncing my iTunes collection overnight. As the device requires a headset to be connected before it will do anything to do with music and as it was connected to the headset for over eight hours, I suspect the link was lost at some point when the headset lost its charge.

Anyway, in the morning the device showed 1/1400 tracks but none of them would play. From this and other threads it seems that Garmin / BMW have some work to do. I agree with a comment in another thread that some operations seem to require the rider to work the GPS device and the iPod / iPhone in tandem; which is tricky to do whilst hooning the awesome steed.

I cant believe it was never tested

screen shot when connecting iphone after 2 hours

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 2,508
Mine just sit's there, but I only use Spotify on the iPhone. I'm just going to forget about it while they sort things out. I'm lucky in that all my "bangin choonz" are on a 64GB Micro USB stick plugged into the K1600's Audio.

Like most who have upgraded to the vi I did so because I wanted to scroll through my music and use Spotify now what I have found is I cannot scroll through Spotify albums perhaps this will be sorted with an update as I thought we could use the wheel to select the music?

Like most who have upgraded to the vi I did so because I wanted to scroll through my music and use Spotify now what I have found is I cannot scroll through Spotify albums perhaps this will be sorted with an update as I thought we could use the wheel to select the music?

If you can - keep the V and return the VI as not fit for purpose :rob

Garmin support are not aware of this issue...might be worth giving them a call email.

We seem to be the beta test group...

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent email with screen shots on Monday, only to be told that the email address on support page was wrong one. Now resent and received by them at 9am this morning.

I think I have sussed it...... Turn off smart phone link in Bluetooth Device Options .

Back into music media.
Up came the music list.
Turned all off and on Smartphone Link enabled itself
It did not stop the list refreshing itself , all albums and playlists available

So simple......At least I think so for now.

Someone give it a try before I tell Garmin its working

Back
Top Bottom