The Nod!

Oi what about us oldies, 51 when i took my test :)

Mart

Yesterday as my son on his Mt 9 , and me on the GS, were heading towards Yonderman's , 4 Gsers were coming the other way, on the Tideswell to Buxton rd, i gave them the nod and i think the last one may have acknowledged us. It never ruined our ride, whatever the response.

Your stabilisers will come separately from your license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they were after market accessories,

I Haven't the heart to ask how they are taken off, do i need a main dealer to do it, and a session on the GS911

Just come back from a cross county run to see an old friend

Loads of bikes out today, Almost all nodded or acknowledged me / them.

The one that didn't!

Yup the bloke on the GS????

Go figure? snobbery???

Mart :)

no way am I going to nod to uberoo riders...fucking twats on a death wish with 2 hours CBT training in foreign! I nod at al other bikers, often across a dual carriage way too! Standing joke between me and the Mrs is whether the pillion on the way past also waves at us! We usually take bets as we approach....she keeps score. HD riders can just fuck off now though

Agree about the Hardly Done-it-son riders. Stuck up twats. Been out and about most of today none of them even looked across. Riding by with their noses in the air. I've stopped for countless bikers to check all's well etc. I'll happily leave them to choke on their chrome. Everyone else gets a nod

Agree about the Hardly Done-it-son riders. Stuck up twats. Been out and about most of today none of them even looked across. Riding by with their noses in the air. I've stopped for countless bikers to check all's well etc. I'll happily leave them to choke on their chrome. Everyone else gets a nod

Been in France all week and everybody waves apart from 80% of the twats on GSs. It's not just a UK thing then !!

Mrs and I took a great ride down to Winchester yesterday and via Andover back to Shepperton, great weather, great ride. It must have looked like I was head banging to some great rock tunes with the amount of bikes out. I would say I got about 95% return rate.

I always give a nod or a wave however there are many occasions i dont get a response, didn't even cross my mind that it was due to me being on a beemer...

Been in France all week and everybody waves apart from 80% of the twats on GSs. It's not just a UK thing then !!

You can wave from the cockpit ??

If your bosses find out how low you've been flying that plane of yours you'll get into trouble. :D

While riding through Basel on the way to the alps an old black classic R80 passed with a rider wearing a long black leather coat and stuck a straight leg out toes pointing to the sky ... this looked cool as hell so now i stick the leg out

Two fingers pointing to the road supposed to = Two wheels good

Across the channel it’s very common, here you’ll get f’ all reply to a any nod/ leg out esp from the UKGSER tribe

This should be made a compulsory greeting for a BMW rider travelling in the opposite direction

Attachments

• motorcycle salurte.jpg
    motorcycle salurte.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 349
Steady on S ,,:D I was an " ADV" rider/biker on me old ratty bikes and woolworths waterproofs many MANY moons before I had even heard the word GS :D

While riding through Basel on the way to the alps an old black classic R80 passed with a rider wearing a long black leather coat and stuck a straight leg out toes pointing to the sky ...

What like a cross between a "Seig Heil" salute and the goose step?

Two fingers pointing to the road supposed to = Two wheels good

Across the channel it’s very common, here you’ll get f’ all reply to a any nod/ leg out esp from the UKGSER tribe

I also heard it comes from WW2 dispatch riders giving the V for victory sign when they passed

Urban legend? Total bollocks? Who knows?

Broke a golden rule the other day and went up one of the 'biker roads' in Wales, on a Bank Holiday Sunday, the A470 past the Storey Arms, and it was rammed with motorbikes, at some points, almost nose to tail, so what would the nodding/waving etiquette be in this situation? Is there a threshold of bikes per minute that would prevent the nod?

I even nod at bikers on the telly - my neck is killing me after the TT though.

I nod at everything, it makes life easier and my neck muscles stay supple in the process!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom