Best Fish & Chips in W-S-M?

stonehenge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Spending a long weekend caravanning (the penalty for all my Biking :blast) next weekend in Cheddar. Any F&C's (or any food) recommendations in or around Weston? :fnikefork

Forget Weston, it's shite. Go up the big hill you're camped next to, keep on going along the top to Green Ore and keep on going another mile or so. On your left you'll find Hartleys.
Up the road in Wookey, you'll find The Wookey Hole Inn, excellent, albeit pricey pub fine dining. Down the road, at Churchill Gate, head up a little side road to The Crown Inn. You'll get a great beer and lunchtime sandwich/snack here. There are plenty of other places, just go on TripAdvisor and pick. :thumb2

The Crown Inn is a very, very good recommendation.

Also, the road to Minehead takes you to some lovely spots. Fossil spotting at Kilve, Watchet harbour and the Quantocks; Exmoor not much further.

If you go to Kilve you could combine with tea at Chantry Gardens then a small diversion for a pint at the Carew Arms in Crowcombe.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Spending a long weekend caravanning (the penalty for all my Biking :blast) next weekend in Cheddar. Any F&C's (or any food) recommendations in or around Weston? :fnikefork

A place called chedder. Deadly! I guess they made cheese there! I'm smart I am.

Always late, but for future ref... Weston is not Shite... :( but could do better :p

Papa's or Atlantic Fish Bar, Meadow Street... buy and go and sit on the wall at Anchor Head, then finish off with a beer in Scally's Bike Bar :thumb2

Time for an update on this thread please.

Best fish n chips

Best cafe

Exmoor, North coast anywhere SW of WSM

thanks

Back
Top Bottom