Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 K1600GT Sport

Love it - and I like marmite too.

Was thinking of an RT next but wow!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Snap !

To the OP, so you have had 4, what makes you loyal to them ?

Whats the wind protection like on the sport (shortened screen I assume) ?

I get the feeling the build quality is better on the K1600 than the RT but Im not sure why I think that.

RBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Davel View Post
    Love it - and I like marmite too.

Was thinking of an RT next but wow!
    "The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better" - W1A

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Don't like marmite but I like that bike

Enjoy it !

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow-walker View Post
    Snap !

To the OP, so you have had 4, what makes you loyal to them ?

Whats the wind protection like on the sport (shortened screen I assume) ?

I get the feeling the build quality is better on the K1600 than the RT but Im not sure why I think that.

RBW.
    When the first K1600 came out I just fell in love with the whole look of the bike and got a 'white' one. The first (beta?) version came with issues for some - leaking water pumps, very notchy gearbox and some switchgear failures. I had the notchy gearbox but, well it's a BMW isn't it? No water pump problem for me but I did have the right hand switch gear replaced. Then the second iteration came out the gearbox was much improved (still a clunky first) and appeared that the other problems had been sorted. I got a grey one. I honestly thought it was the best bike on the planet as an all rounder. Then I last year got a Storm Black one which was the '2017' version but still no quickshifter. Then I saw this beauty earlier in the year, and it is equipped with the gearshifter, so deal done and I the very proud owner of a super machine. In to first using the clutch still has a clunk, but once on the move the quickshifter is really super smooth, makes the one on the GSA seem agricultural!

The screen is shortened, but to be honest for me the full screen of the GT was too short anyway (2metres height restriction on me), so that wasn't an issue for me. I have one of those clip-on doodads for my Triple Black screen, which just about works, although as the K1600 screen is two parts useless (to me) I may swap it out for a smoked version.
    As for build quality, well largely speaking BMW don't make bad bikes on the whole - not too many manufacturers do these days, and the RT owners that I know love their machines, so I'm not sure the build quality will be that much removed from the RT TBH.

Praying for some dry roads not populated by too many fuckwits this weekend (hopefully not too much to ask for!)

Looks even better in a non "Press" shot... congratulations!

I do like that! Yum Yum.

Have BMW sorted out the "wrong way around" radiator louvres that let stones and grit directly through to the radiators?
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

Looks great, even better in the real world pictures. Colour looked a bit marmite in the press shots but looks really good in the real pics. Enjoy it.

At some point all of us on a GS/A will inevitably move over to an RT/K16 and I think in the end we will all have better bikes for it.

I ride a GS but last night did a run on an RT and was impressed, although found the leg position a bit cramped.

The wind protection etc was excellent.

Going to try out both an RT and GT soon I think.

Luvvvvly

That looks lovely. Enjoy the ride.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Oy! I'm proud to be a fuckwit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the GT (because they couldn't get me a GTL "for six months") and stuck a top box (with the padding) on the back, it's worked for me - I've got the backrest 'er indoors wanted whilst keeping the slighter more dynamic 'stance' of the GT over the GTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Cheers guys, picked it up this morning and no rain fell...bonus!

It's a real eyeful of a bike, and the blue looks really good in the flesh - my 4th K1600 but my first Sport. Now that BMW have fitted the quickshifter (which is so silky smooth going up or down the box) it really does want to push on. Limited to 6000 rpm until first service, but that gives me a lot of usable (daft) speed anyway.
    Love that colour
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Lovely looking bike ... enjoy !

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Love that colour
    Tempted?

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post