Low Seat re-foam

smirky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I wasn't sure which section this should go so apologies....

i bought a low seat base and cover from the site and I'm looking to get it built up with foam to suit my height, there is a local upholstery guy that does great work with seats, but what I'm wondering is are these gel insert any good? my man says to ask on here as he's never fitted any.

any advice would be greatly accepted.

Smirky

I use a stock low seat and was told by the PO that a gel pad had been fitted.
Compared to the standard stock seat, I can cover at least twice the distance without any real discomfort. If you press into the seat, it keeps the impression for a while, so I'm inclined to believe that there's one in there.
My advice would be get one in before the cover goes on.

I couldnt decide if you have a low seat , that you want to raise, if so ignore the below. If you are recovering a low seat and want to keep the seat low, read on:

Key thing when filling/ layering up a seat for a short in the leg person( like me) is watch the width. I contacted Tony Archer about taking height out of my seat, he pointed out if you go too low the seat goes squarer and as such pushes your legs out and in effect shortens them. So try to maintain a good curve that lets your inner thighs / inside leg make the shortest route to terra firma!

Steve

I couldnt decide if you have a low seat , that you want to raise, if so ignore the below. If you are recovering a low seat and want to keep the seat low, read on:

Key thing when filling/ layering up a seat for a short in the leg person( like me) is watch the width. I contacted Tony Archer about taking height out of my seat, he pointed out if you go too low the seat goes squarer and as such pushes your legs out and in effect shortens them. So try to maintain a good curve that lets your inner thighs / inside leg make the shortest route to terra firma!

Steve

Cheers Steve,

I bought a Low seat base and cover (no foam) from here, I'm looking to get it right for me

Back
Top Bottom