XTank & Luggage

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got the XTank fitted along with the Hepco & Becker Pannier rails and aluminium boxes . RH pannier frame required slight modification to bring it away from the frame slightly more but pretty straightforward
3a8eb044c1bd5e7a1d41ea1e895fdb41.jpg
032fc41c528286ef7cf2d83008877e17.jpg
a11a76ed60d6a5e4e1f271809e24a87d.jpg

b3e49479f16cef4c3485bc4ef8eac4bf.jpg

I had intended originally fitting the XTank to the XChallenge but the holes in the subframe did not align :-( . As I do not use it for carrying luggage decided just to use the Acerbis tank

b5d4077c02fd33521a861fd6a9a2f9e1.jpg

65a90f944aa55cfe7a820e4ac7f3b557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had intended originally fitting the XTank to the XChallenge but the holes in the subframe did not align :-( . As I do not use it for carrying luggage decided just to use the Acerbis tank

Do you have an aftermarket rear subframe? The holes on the stock XChallenge subframe and the XTank fit perfectly.

The previous owner had stripped the threads in the two holes in the angled rear frame member and they had been tapped out from M6 to M8 . When they were drilled out and re-tapped the hole positions must have been slightly out as the XTank and frame holes are half a hole out of line . The XTank lined up perfectly on the XCountry and I tried them up against a steel subframe from a 2008 model XCountry and again they lined up perfectly . I may well just swap out the original aluminum subframe for the steel one.....

The previous owner had stripped the threads in the two holes in the angled rear frame member and they had been tapped out from M6 to M8 . When they were drilled out and re-tapped the hole positions must have been slightly out as the XTank and frame holes are half a hole out of line . The XTank lined up perfectly on the XCountry and I tried them up against a steel subframe from a 2008 model XCountry and again they lined up perfectly . I may well just swap out the original aluminum subframe for the steel one.....

That sound like a plan !

Why did you delete the photos and close your XC rebuild thread? I'd planned to read that when I got home and had a bit of spare time. Although I don't intend to do a comprehensive rebuild such as yours, I need to do a number of jobs and your thread looked informative aided by the photos.

Why did you delete the photos and close your XC rebuild thread? I'd planned to read that when I got home and had a bit of spare time. Although I don't intend to do a comprehensive rebuild such as yours, I need to do a number of jobs and your thread looked informative aided by the photos.

Davey - if you need any picture let me know and I'll email them to you - I changed hosting sites hence why they disappeared

Thanks, I'll pm you when I get round to reading it in full.

Back
Top Bottom