Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where's BMW Calais gone?

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    67

    Where's BMW Calais gone?

    Anyone know where The BMW dealership in Calais has gone to?

    Spur of the minute trip to France from Manchester and discover battery knackered on the way down, having to jump start the bike with my little battery jumping jack😡every time I stop.

    Went to the BMW dealership in Calais and its gone, in its place some food shop.

    Anyone know of a BMW dealership or anywhere to get battery for my 2009 1200GSA, here till Sunday heading up coast towards Mont St Michael.

    Cheers

    Darren

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,119
    There is one in Arras, not far from Calais:

    http://www.europtouring-bmw-motorrad.fr/concession.html

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    6,505
    you do not need a BMW dealer - there's a long way between Calais & Mon St M so we do not know where you are. There are some massive towns and cities en route. Anywhere selling scooters, quads, motorcycles or even lawn mowers will be able to get you a battery. You obviously have the internet so just search on google maps for Yamaha, motorrad, motard etc.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sometimes here, sometimes there...
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Daizer View Post
    Anyone know where The BMW dealership in Calais has gone to?

    Spur of the minute trip to France from Manchester and discover battery knackered on the way down, having to jump start the bike with my little battery jumping jack��every time I stop.

    Went to the BMW dealership in Calais and its gone, in its place some food shop.

    Anyone know of a BMW dealership or anywhere to get battery for my 2009 1200GSA, here till Sunday heading up coast towards Mont St Michael.

    Cheers

    Darren
    Did you at least get a sandwich?

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Gloucestershire UK
    Posts
    1,661
    I'm going through Calais in the morning, live near Cheltenham in Gloucestershire and leaving here around 4pm today. If you can buy one over the phone in Cheltenham and let me know where it is I'll go and collect it and meet you as soon as I get off the tunnel. I don't know if it'll fit but I have a brand new K1300s battery in my garage. If it's a similar size I could bring this. Please PM me with your number asap if you'd like me to help. Thanks

  6. #6
    Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    8,284
    Once again a Tosser steps up to the mark! Well done sir for that generous offer.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sometimes here, sometimes there...
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC10 View Post
    I'm going through Calais in the morning, live near Cheltenham in Gloucestershire and leaving here around 4pm today. If you can buy one over the phone in Cheltenham and let me know where it is I'll go and collect it and meet you as soon as I get off the tunnel. I don't know if it'll fit but I have a brand new K1300s battery in my garage. If it's a similar size I could bring this. Please PM me with your number asap if you'd like me to help. Thanks

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wapping, London
    Posts
    43,031
    Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    you do not need a BMW dealer - there's a long way between Calais & Mon St M so we do not know where you are. There are some massive towns and cities en route. Anywhere selling scooters, quads, motorcycles or even lawn mowers will be able to get you a battery. You obviously have the internet so just search on google maps for Yamaha, motorrad, motard etc.
    Wessie's got it nailed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"