Brake pads, both ends.

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What is the consensus from the gurus please?

EBC offer 2 types, HH sintered or kevlar based NAO (non asbestos). I am not racing, so being able to do stoppies or cartwheels forwards is not required, just good, normal stopping power. I will confess to never having had a bike that was given a choice before - you just bought 'pads' and slotted them into the gap left in the caliper!

Any recommendations from the long standin gowners? I am starting to get to the point where I need to do a comprehensive service, so getting a shopping list together for the vatrious bits and pieces:
Hiflofiltro for oil and air filters
NGK Iridium for the plugs, are they both the same, or like the 1150, are they different sizes? I can't find out anywhere I have looked.

What else do I need for a service? washers for the drain plugs perhaps?

I tried sintered pads once and after a while got badly squeeling brakes. Went back to non sintered and no more problems.

Wouldn't bother with Iridium plugs. When I had my ECU reprogrammed at Hilltop, they said that the Iridium were better for only a short time (like when racing). Geoff explained that as the spark point was much smaller, it tended to build up a coating much faster. He recommended that for none racing use, use normal plugs.

Always replace the compression washers when you can.

You could look at replacing the stock air filter with a washable one. I use the Unifilter, foam type.

I tried sintered pads once and after a while got badly squeeling brakes. Went back to non sintered and no more problems.

Wouldn't bother with Iridium plugs. When I had my ECU reprogrammed at Hilltop, they said that the Iridium were better for only a short time (like when racing). Geoff explained that as the spark point was much smaller, it tended to build up a coating much faster. He recommended that for none racing use, use normal plugs.

Always replace the compression washers when you can.

You could look at replacing the stock air filter with a washable one. I use the Unifilter, foam type.

All very useful advice thank you! Taken onboard and will be applied.

What is Ceratek paste, when its home please?
Is that the new, fancy name for Coppaslip?

Just going to buy non sintered I think, I only pootle baout and generally don't need to touch the brakes other than waiting on a hill. The engine braking is plenty for my kind of riding.

Yes - Ceratec is used instead of Copperslip - it is non conductive so is supposed to be better for use with vehicles with ABS, ESP, DSC etc as it doesn't interfere with their electronic systems

Yes - Ceratec is used instead of Copperslip - it is non conductive so is supposed to be better for use with vehicles with ABS, ESP, DSC etc as it doesn't interfere with their electronic systems

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I can stick with Coppaslip then, because I'll not have any of that technowizardry, I trust my own judgement and, touch wood, that has worked perfectly for 47 years of road riding! I think ABS is over rated, mind you, I think these new fangled starter motors are over rated too. Nothing wrong with a right foot! :D

Back
Top Bottom