exhaust valve problem

That is a very good point as they often offer low prices as trade in figures and any excuse for them !!!!
Any back from a 100 mile trip and no squeak as yet - that is 3 times as far as the £40 bmw dealer repair. I will keep you updated as and when ' Mr Squeak ' appears again . However I looked this morning inside the exhaust pipe before I put the silencer on and all the silicone spray had evaporated and a fine layer of copper dust remained- ideal.

If it has started squeaking it will eventually seize, and the more you use it the quicker it will seize. If I was off on a trip I'd deal with it first.

Your options, as I see it:
1. pay BMW to rape you for a new set of headers
2. pay half and get a nice set of Akra or Remus headers and this will do away with the cat and the flappy valve permanently
3. (the free option) simply unclip the cables and remove them from the bike, the servo will still do it's thing and think the valve's still there
4. do nothing, it will seize - fingers crossed it seizes in the open position

A bit of an update from my part.
12 months on from the last work and exhaust flap is getting a little squeaky again so stripped the silencer off and use copious amounts of silicon/copper spray and copper slip. And let’s see what happens on my next 2 1/2 thousand mile trip at the end of the month . However when I’m away I will carry suitable tools to either unclip or cut the bowden cables to the flap . Together with some water pump pliers to hopefully free up a ceased flap .Plus those copper based lubricants to get rid of the squeak, as it only takes 30 minutes to do the whole job of disassembly, lubrication and assembly

Back
Top Bottom