Reaction score
First ever version of the CBR600F. It is an 87 bike with 11K miles
IMG_1083_zps6l8qrtny.jpg

IMG_1086_zpsuc0zuatq.jpg

IMG_1087_zps56znora9.jpg

A 1996 VFR750 in lovely condition with 33K
IMG_1396_zpsinwregao.png

Lovely pair of bikes there MS...:thumb2

I've always loved those red last model VFR750's, and that early CBR600F is a beauty....It looks standard to me (I'm no experet though) Is it bog stock ??.......:nenau

Are those 'classic' bikes ?

A matter of personal opinion I suppose as to what the criteria should be. I think the VFR definitely qualifies. The engine is one of the finest ever put into a motorcycle and this last version in red is the most aesthetically pleasing of the lot....in my opinion.
The CBR qualifies in my opinion as it virtually created a new class of bike and was very popular as many riders first 'big' bike. Although many were sold, there are not many around with intact bodywork, probably because they were often owned by inexperienced riders I guess. This is totally stock, apart from the missing rubber 'boots that go over the mirror stems. They are NLA new in black so if anybody knows where there are some, please let me know!

vfr is deffo one of the best engineered bikes ever made, that period was the height of Hondas build quality,all there machines from this period are built to a standard we will never see again.

I have a few, including a Vfr Fr in red.:thumby:

vfr is deffo one of the best engineered bikes ever made, that period was the height of Hondas build quality,all there machines from this period are built to a standard we will never see again.

I have a few, including a Vfr Fr in red.:thumby:

Spot on. VFR exhausts rot, and their regulators fail. That is all.

Where did you find the CBR Mark. My first proper big bike, and the first of only two new bikes I've ever owned , was E391HVT bought from JohnTaylor Honda in Stoke on Trent and identical to the one you've bought . It cost me £2990 in December 1987.

I have sort of been keeping an eye out for one but not looking properly . My two favourite bikes of all the bikes I've owned were that CBR and my 2002 R1150GS .

Looks like a really nice bike :thumb:bow

I've had three VFR's....two 750's and a Vtec (750 FS, Vtec, then 750 FV). Although the Vtec was better performance-wise in power/handling/brakes, the last 750, to me, is a defining model par excellance. The Vtec finish, although still good, just wasn't in the same ballpark. I really should have kept one of the 750's, but at the time I unfortunately couldn't ride one because of severe carpal tunnel syndrome in my right wrist (thankfully fixed now).

Enjoy your new steeds......:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 463
  • DD3029DB-2B71-47E4-937D-15CE0EBDA037-1930-000001196C1E1978.jpeg
    DD3029DB-2B71-47E4-937D-15CE0EBDA037-1930-000001196C1E1978.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 442
Where did you find the CBR Mark. My first proper big bike, and the first of only two new bikes I've ever owned , was E391HVT bought from JohnTaylor Honda in Stoke on Trent and identical to the one you've bought . It cost me £2990 in December 1987.

I have sort of been keeping an eye out for one but not looking properly . My two favourite bikes of all the bikes I've owned were that CBR and my 2002 R1150GS .

Looks like a really nice bike :thumb:bow

I bought it via ebay without seeing the bike but I was over the moon when I collected it. It came from Chesterfield. I have already found a fight hand mirror to steal the rubber 'boot' from. Still looking for a left one!

The original VFR750 was fully sorted and then sorted again to make up for the VF750 cam disaster.

Back
Top Bottom