Lost yellow routing line???

Poucher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a weird problem with the mapsource on my laptop, its up to date 2017.2 but now if I have a screen with two or three routes on it and I click one route to highlight that, it just turns that route line into a thicker "Mauve" line, so thick I can hardly see place names underneath it, whereas before it used to do the standard thing of highlighting that route in transparent yellow with a "wire" line in it to show the road accurately??

I've looked all over preferences and can't see any way of changing line styles for routes, so I'm a bit baffled as to how its changed to this thick Mauve line, anybody got any suggestions?? :confused:

Thanks in advance, Poucher :thumb

That's true...I do leave it on stand by all the time???

I'll give it a try tonight and see if I get any joy with that, cheers Wapping.

It's some time since I used Mapsource. The default colour for a route is magenta, which I guess is the mauve in your post. I vaguely remember a route of mine where the magenta expanded in an out of focus manner. I seem to recall mending the problem with a shut down. Also, have a look at the map scale, perhaps? Are you zoomed right in or out?

From memory only, the route line goes to yellow with a dark line along it when the route shaping tool is used. If that's cobblers, don't shoot me; I just vaguely recall a yellow line with the thin black line inside it.

Hi Wapping, No joy I'm afraid, still got this bloody thick, solid Magenta line when I click a route to highlight it :nenau

Can't see anyway of changing it in the preferences and my mate who's pretty good at this stuff is totally dumbfounded as well, it just seemed to change of its own accord, I might try totally re-installing the latest maps, but it changed before I did the last map update????

Bloody Garmins, drives me nuts!! :mad:

If it can't be resolved & it's still driving you nuts give BaseCamp a try.

Can you run basecamp on an I-pad?

Keep thinking I should get myself an I-pad, but using the Garmin Mapsource is the only thing keeping me on a laptop

Does this happen on all routes, or just one specific route?

On Basecamp you can choose the colour of the route line. Can the same be done on Mapsource? If so, go in and edit the lone colour chosen

I get that on mapsource too. The magenta blocks out the road numbers under it when hilighted.
Pain it is.

(Quote) Got a weird problem with the mapsource on my laptop, its up to date 2017.2 but now if I have a screen with two or three routes on it and I click one route to highlight that, it just turns that route line into a thicker "Mauve" line, so thick I can hardly see place names underneath it, whereas before it used to do the standard thing of highlighting that route in transparent yellow with a "wire" line in it to show the road accurately

Are you 100% certain that this has only just occured, the reason i ask is that as far as i am aware mapsource has with at least the last few versions always had a default magenta line for a route, yes you can change a route colour to another one thats listed, and then save it as that colour and it will then display that colour when its re opened, but i believe it was only the very earlier versions that had a different colour (i may be wrong). Have you by any chance updated to a later version.

Double click route to get to its details. You set colour of route in those pregerenves in badecamp. Might be similar in MS

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Double click route to get to its details. You set colour of route in those pregerenves in badecamp. Might be similar in MS

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

yes this would work until you close mapsource then re open it and it will be back to the default magenta.

Back
Top Bottom