Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 53

Thread: More speed camera vans in N Yorks

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Drigdale
    Posts
    6,745

    More speed camera vans in N Yorks

    The number of speed camera vans on North Yorkshire's roads is to be doubled, the county's police force has announced.
    North Yorkshire Police has invested in a new fleet of six smaller micro-camera vans which will be able to go into villages and more built-up areas.
    They'll be added to the six transit-sized vans already in the force's mobile speedcam fleet.
    Chief Constable Dave Jones says the new vans mean drivers are likely to be caught on camera in areas they didn't previously expect:

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    31,236
    Deep joy
    JohnnyBoxer



    So many roads...........So little time......

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Drigdale
    Posts
    6,745

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    31,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooperman View Post
    That just about covers it
    JohnnyBoxer



    So many roads...........So little time......

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Barrowford Lancastershire
    Posts
    913
    Forward facing?
    Out on the floor - K.T.F.

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    31,236
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Forward facing?
    Side,back,forward..................the operator, notes your reg number down if you're on a bike

    There is no escape
    JohnnyBoxer



    So many roads...........So little time......

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    5,314
    Love the way they still insist in referring to them as ' MOBILE SAFETY CAMERAS ', it is utter bollocks if they were the mobile camera vans would be outside schools at start and finishing times or on/near dangerous junctions, or parked up in town centres at 11.30 at night to catch the boy racers.

    There is a 30 mph site local to us where the vans are regularly placed due to 3 fatal accidents, van is there during the working day yet all of the fatals have occured during the night when pissed drivers have left the road and hit the trees.

    We were unfortunate enough to have to share an office with camera enforcement (luckily for a very short time ) and it was all about facts and figures and f@ck all to do with road safety

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    440
    Does anyone know if the Garmin Cyclops subscription incorporates these?
    The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.

  9. #9
    University of St.Helens Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Clock Face
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil W View Post
    Love the way they still insist in referring to them as ' MOBILE SAFETY CAMERAS ', it is utter bollocks if they were the mobile camera vans would be outside schools at start and finishing times or on/near dangerous junctions, or parked up in town centres at 11.30 at night to catch the boy racers.

    There is a 30 mph site local to us where the vans are regularly placed due to 3 fatal accidents, van is there during the working day yet all of the fatals have occured during the night when pissed drivers have left the road and hit the trees.

    We were unfortunate enough to have to share an office with camera enforcement (luckily for a very short time ) and it was all about facts and figures and f@ck all to do with road safety
    On the plus side, they hit trees instead of oncoming traffic. Providing they didn't have passengers with them, it's Darwin at work.

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chester, England
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooperman View Post
    That list would have been shorter if they had chosen to list the roads/areas where they do NOT intend to deploy these mobile camera vans

  11. #11
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    not near Clockface
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by brut33 View Post
    On the plus side, they hit trees instead of oncoming traffic. Providing they didn't have passengers with them, it's Darwin at work.
    That there Darwin bloke needs to be reined in, he's causing havoc..

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Drigdale
    Posts
    6,745
    Had a look at the data in a bit more detail.

    I used 2016 from April to the end of September (biker season).

    The A19, A168 and A64 are ignored, the equivalent of fishing in a bucket.

    Sherburn is in out of interest.


  13. #13
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,619
    I live in the Dales, and have got used to them being around now. They're such a common sight it seems the only way to avoid getting zapped by one is not to exceed the limit.

  14. #14
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooperman View Post
    The number of speed camera vans on North Yorkshire's roads is to be doubled, the county's police force has announced.
    North Yorkshire Police has invested in a new fleet of six smaller micro-camera vans which will be able to go into villages and more built-up areas.
    They'll be added to the six transit-sized vans already in the force's mobile speedcam fleet.
    Chief Constable Dave Jones says the new vans mean drivers are likely to be caught on camera in areas they didn't previously expect:
    nothing to do with the speeding fine changes that are about to be introduced and the increased revenue this will generate???

  15. #15
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    North yorks
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooperman View Post
    Had a look at the data in a bit more detail.

    I used 2016 from April to the end of September (biker season).

    The A19, A168 and A64 are ignored, the equivalent of fishing in a bucket.

    Sherburn is in out of interest.

    I think it is referring to sherburn on the A64 and not sherburn in elmet.

  16. #16
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    N.Yorks
    Posts
    2,598
    Theres gold in them there hills.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"