Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More speed camera vans in N Yorks

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by brut33 View Post
    I notice none were sited in St.Helens.

Nice one Al.
    I think the nearest one to St Helens was a Traffic light offence camera, sited at a crossroads near Scotchbarn lane, Prescot. Back then only Liverpool City and Sefton councils seemed keen to have them. There doesn't appear to be that many in Merseyside compared to neighbouring Lancashire, but there is regularly a mobile 'safety' camera van (I hate that term) on both sides of the A580 east lancs road between Windle and Moss Bank, nearly court out by that myself on a couple of occasions.

University of St.Helens Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    I think the nearest one to St Helens was a Traffic light offence camera, sited at a crossroads near Scotchbarn lane, Prescot. Back then only Liverpool City and Sefton councils seemed keen to have them. There doesn't appear to be that many in Merseyside compared to neighbouring Lancashire, but there is regularly a mobile 'safety' camera van (I hate that term) on both sides of the A580 east lancs road between Windle and Moss Bank, nearly court out by that myself on a couple of occasions.
    Yep, they always sit just over the crest of the hill just after the bridge from Windle lights, know it well.
    By the time you've seen them it's to late. Local knowledge is a must on that stretch re speed.
    I'm out on my Harley later. No worries there then.

I know what you mean I've had three. Actually after I spent many, many hundreds of pounds my FXDX Superglide sport was reasonably quick, with 101bhp at rear wheel and 103lbft torque or thereabouts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interestingly, criteria of ksi has now changed in God's country, anyone who is overnight admission to hospital (quite likely if your va is any time after 2000) is now a SI.

This will totally fuck up any stats and make the foaming at the mouth loony brigade really happy.

It is the inappropriate use of Speed that is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tractors are go View Post
    Interestingly, criteria of ksi has now changed in God's country, anyone who is overnight admission to hospital (quite likely if your va is any time after 2000) is now a SI.

This will totally fuck up any stats and make the foaming at the mouth loony brigade really happy.

It is the inappropriate use of Speed that is dangerous.
    Ksi, va, Si, what the fuck, i dont do ab's , clue me, man.

Killed, Seriously injured.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Killed, Seriously injured.

I got that one,it's the other 2 i'am clueless on .

SI = seriously injured.

Gods country = Scotland.

Unlike England, Scotland has still kept target reduction on road safety as a national priority where as in England it is down to local authorities, which due to hypothication means camera van's.

Here at Edinburgh it is now a blanket 20mph zone, which will do nothing for the nutter's on the road, they ignored 30mph after all.

All hidden camera van's do is catch out the non-locals and the not paying full attention people. All the locals slow down, as they know where they sit, then speed up again.

Va = vehicle accident

Va = vehicle accident

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC10 View Post
    I think getting another jammer is the way forward. Apparently, it gives the speed gun operator an error message when they use it on a vehicle fitted with one. It would nice to have one which gives the speed gun operator a message saying 'Up Yours'!
    They love jammers...that changes speeding into perverting the course of justice which really enhances the performance indicators for the Force!!

Jamming is illegal, however pulsing back to give additional readings is not.

Technology isn't it great.

Jamming is illegal, however pulsing back to give additional readings is not.

Technology isn't it great.

So how does this , pulsing back to give additional readings work?

Gives too high a reading ie; 215mph.

This falls outwith parameters which means that "all" readings are suspect and cannot be used for prosecution. It will need to be recertified, as obviously there is something wrong.

It is not an offence to 'broadcast' light at certain frequencies and you are not "jamming" any signal.

Having a laser/radar detector is always a prudent thing, problem is by the time the detector picks up lase, it is often too late.

Each Force has its own criteria for max/min distances for capture. It is knowing these and then setting up sensitivity so that you pick up any reflections prior to entering capture zone, fortunately we have a national criteria up here, so it isn't to difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Silver Hi Roof ones are I thought or maybe they are Trafics/Vivaros - they all look the same to me

New ones in post 1 are compact vans like Connects, but haven't seen one of those yet

I like the chap on the FJR 1300 with his tripod camera - always smiles when you give him a friendly wave
    I saw one of the usual large Transit scamera vans today, plus two of the smaller ones on the A170 on the way to Scarborough and back

Quote Originally Posted by Z1100LR View Post
    I was nabbed on the Easingwold bypass at 7:50 on a Saturday morning... a three mile stretch of clear good visibility road, the only vehicle moving on it was me, the only other vehicle in site was a white (unmarked) van in the layby. 66 in a 60.... not sure just how much safety was addressed on that bright clear wide very low traffic no pedestrian road that morning.... but I did the crime so paid my fine.
    66! So they're not following the ACPO guidelines anymore, despite what it says on their website Maybe you'd have just been offered a speed awareness course if you'd gone a bit faster

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/wha...reness-course/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast