Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More speed camera vans in N Yorks

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    I saw one of the usual large Transit scamera vans today, plus two of the smaller ones on the A170 on the way to Scarborough and back
    Saw one tonight on Easingwold bypass, at 6.30pm

They are Vivaro's, like a trannie though...........
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by Tractors are go View Post
    Gives too high a reading ie; 215mph.

This falls outwith parameters which means that "all" readings are suspect and cannot be used for prosecution. It will need to be recertified, as obviously there is something wrong.

It is not an offence to 'broadcast' light at certain frequencies and you are not "jamming" any signal.

Having a laser/radar detector is always a prudent thing, problem is by the time the detector picks up lase, it is often too late.

Each Force has its own criteria for max/min distances for capture. It is knowing these and then setting up sensitivity so that you pick up any reflections prior to entering capture zone, fortunately we have a national criteria up here, so it isn't to difficult.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. glad i was around , and having it large, before the technology developed to make heinous criminals of all minor transgresser's. I just wish they would be honest enough to admit, it's now about the money,than any real safety values. Tyres, seat belts, brakes, crumple zones, and rd design have been the biggest life saver's. It feels funny having to come to terms with the fact, i was part of the Golden years motoring. If you got pulled back in the day, it was a human being that was faster, and better rider or driver than you. And that always comanded respect. Todays camera pointer's are even less than a pale imitation of the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Saw one tonight on Easingwold bypass, at 6.30pm

They are Vivaro's, like a trannie though...........
    OK, I should have said Transit-type vans..... but it's just a generic description nowadays , like Biro or Hoover
    Steve

2006 K1200S > 2009 R1200GS MU > 2012 R1200RT SE > 2014 R1200GS LC

OK, I should have said Transit-type vans..... but it's just a generic description nowadays , like Biro or Hoover
    I said that earlier, I know what you mean

All medium sized vans are Transits to me, generically

Keep your eyes peeled Sven (like I am ) or stick to the tandem
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

66! So they're not following the ACPO guidelines anymore, despite what it says on their website Maybe you'd have just been offered a speed awareness course if you'd gone a bit faster

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/wha...reness-course/
    ACPO was dissolved in 2015. Its the NPCC now. The old guidelines are still in place but unfortunately, they are just guidelines, not protocols.
    Its all irrelevant as from the 24th of the month anyhow:
    https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/moto...ines-explained

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234