More speed camera vans in N Yorks

It's a numbers game these days.
I was involved in a working party about 25 years ago when the 'safety' cameras were first being brought out, back then it was about only siting them in areas where there had been numerous very serious and fatal RTAs where excessive speed had been the main cause. Trigger settings were also fairly generous in those days as well, and letters of caution were often sent instead of NIPs.
My how things change, money talks :)

Does anyone know if the Garmin Cyclops subscription incorporates these?

I actually think it does.
So long as the " revenue site" has been previously reported and listed on the cyclops database, you get a warning bong.

I think getting another jammer is the way forward. Apparently, it gives the speed gun operator an error message when they use it on a vehicle fitted with one. It would nice to have one which gives the speed gun operator a message saying 'Up Yours'!

How does that work? No evidence?

Some of the silver transits (hi roof) have the digital speed camera out of the back doors, but they also have ANPR cameras on both sides which point both fore & aft plus cameras in the front above the cab

All the other cameras when used in conjunction the speed camera image and the witness statement from the operator (& maybe a date/time stamped hand held camera) is enough to prove which bike has committed the offence

Had a look at one last year, the NYP Vans are very sophisticated and cost £50-60k each

Some of the silver transits (hi roof) have the digital speed camera out of the back doors, but they also have ANPR cameras on both sides which point both fore & aft plus cameras in the front above the cab

All the other cameras when used in conjunction the speed camera image and the witness statement from the operator (& maybe a date/time stamped hand held camera) is enough to prove which bike has committed the offence

Had a look at one last year, the NYP Vans are very sophisticated and cost £50-60k each

I was thinking the operator is a civilian and so their hand written evidence would be worthless.

It's a numbers game these days.
I was involved in a working party about 25 years ago when the 'safety' cameras were first being brought out, back then it was about only siting them in areas where there had been numerous very serious and fatal RTAs where excessive speed had been the main cause. Trigger settings were also fairly generous in those days as well, and letters of caution were often sent instead of NIPs.
My how things change, money talks :)

I notice none were sited in St.Helens.:augie

Nice one Al.:thumb:)

They aren't transits.

I was thinking the operator is a civilian and so their hand written evidence would be worthless.

I think it was more sophisticated nowadays
Plenty of bikes have been done from a forward facing camera even on a remote tripod, so it must stand up to legal scrutiny
A few riders around here have been done, so I think their system works

Stick to 20/30/40/50/60/70 and speed camera vans will not bother you :)

Sadly as pointed earlier, speeding is becoming totally verboten in North Yorkshire - even on moorland roads

Sign of the times

They aren't transits.

Silver Hi Roof ones are I thought or maybe they are Trafics/Vivaros - they all look the same to me

New ones in post 1 are compact vans like Connects, but haven't seen one of those yet

I like the chap on the FJR 1300 with his tripod camera - always smiles when you give him a friendly wave

I notice none were sited in St.Helens.:augie

Nice one Al.:thumb:)

I think the nearest one to St Helens was a Traffic light offence camera, sited at a crossroads near Scotchbarn lane, Prescot. Back then only Liverpool City and Sefton councils seemed keen to have them. There doesn't appear to be that many in Merseyside compared to neighbouring Lancashire, but there is regularly a mobile 'safety' camera van (I hate that term) on both sides of the A580 east lancs road between Windle and Moss Bank, nearly court out by that myself on a couple of occasions.

I think the nearest one to St Helens was a Traffic light offence camera, sited at a crossroads near Scotchbarn lane, Prescot. Back then only Liverpool City and Sefton councils seemed keen to have them. There doesn't appear to be that many in Merseyside compared to neighbouring Lancashire, but there is regularly a mobile 'safety' camera van (I hate that term) on both sides of the A580 east lancs road between Windle and Moss Bank, nearly court out by that myself on a couple of occasions.

Yep, they always sit just over the crest of the hill just after the bridge from Windle lights, know it well.
By the time you've seen them it's to late. Local knowledge is a must on that stretch re speed.
I'm out on my Harley later. No worries there then.:D

I know what you mean I've had three. Actually after I spent many, many hundreds of pounds my FXDX Superglide sport was reasonably quick, with 101bhp at rear wheel and 103lbft torque or thereabouts.

Attachments

• harley speedlimit.jpg
    harley speedlimit.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 279
Interestingly, criteria of ksi has now changed in God's country, anyone who is overnight admission to hospital (quite likely if your va is any time after 2000) is now a SI.

This will totally fuck up any stats and make the foaming at the mouth loony brigade really happy.

It is the inappropriate use of Speed that is dangerous.

Interestingly, criteria of ksi has now changed in God's country, anyone who is overnight admission to hospital (quite likely if your va is any time after 2000) is now a SI.

This will totally fuck up any stats and make the foaming at the mouth loony brigade really happy.

It is the inappropriate use of Speed that is dangerous.

Ksi, va, Si, what the fuck, i dont do ab's :D , clue me, man.

SI = seriously injured.

Gods country = Scotland.

Unlike England, Scotland has still kept target reduction on road safety as a national priority where as in England it is down to local authorities, which due to hypothication means camera van's.

Here at Edinburgh it is now a blanket 20mph zone, which will do nothing for the nutter's on the road, they ignored 30mph after all.

All hidden camera van's do is catch out the non-locals and the not paying full attention people. All the locals slow down, as they know where they sit, then speed up again.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom