Scissor sharpening for hair stylists, barbers and hairdressers

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a quick video to demonstrate how sharp scissors are after I have cleaned, sharpened, set and balanced the blades. The cut is then checked to ensure they cut perfectly cleanly right to the tip, as they should. Wood free facial tissue, single ply, wetted out is used as the test medium. If there is any flaw in the edge or setup of the scissors they will grab the tissue and tear it, rather than cut it cleanly.

Instead of throwing your scissors in a drawer and buying new, I can make your old scissors cut just like a new pair again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxR-wOWpNHc

A reiteration of this old post from me. With salons allowed to reopen, I have been busy getting their scissors prepared for battle.

At least one member on here has a tale to tell of my service - his daughter dropped her scissors and she thought they were ruined. All the other girls in her salon said they were never going to be any good and she should buy new ones. She was heartbroken, so he asked me if I thought I could do anything for them (sorry, I have forgotten his forum name) and he posted them up. For me it was just a normal service and they went back sharper and smoother than new.

I bet some of you on here are hairdressers or barbers. If not, I bet you know some!

You can see plenty of pictures and watch some videos on my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Simons-Sharpening-Service-600911063377634/posts/?ref=page_internal

I can vouch for this service it was my Daughter and she is still using the same scissors, it was a really great service. I had just bought her the scissors for £125.00 as she was vardaring with Toni & Guy for her main exams.
PS I did tell her to send the scissors up to you for a sharpen while she was off for the last 12 weeks, but as a lot of Fathers will know Daughters know best ..

I can vouch for this service it was my Daughter and she is still using the same scissors, it was a really great service. I had just bought her the scissors for £125.00 as she was vardaring with Toni & Guy for her main exams.
PS I did tell her to send the scissors up to you for a sharpen while she was off for the last 12 weeks, but as a lot of Fathers will know Daughters know best ..

:D :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom